Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mixhail

The Olympics Thread

124 posts in this topic

Love Aly Raisman.

alyraisman-2-467.jpg

Women's water polo & Ross/Kessy BVB vs Brazil were insane today!! I can't wait for the women's soccer final on Thursday.

Allyson Felix: giving me Jungle Fever since 2004!*

allyson-felix-200-meters.jpg

*When she was the LA Times Female Athlete of the Year the year i graduated HS

I know you guys don't give a fuck but after that devastating bush league call against the USA, Canada just scored in extra time against France to win their first medal in Olympic history (the first TEAM medal for Canada in the Summer Olympics since 1936). They were extremely outplayed but held on and pulled it out.

Ranked 7th in the world with only 3 girls actually playing club soccer, this team has literally inspired the entire country and I can imagine we will see a huge impact on girls/women playing soccer in Canada.

Edited by Wannigan

JORDAN BURROUGHS SEES GOLD, GETS GOLD AT 74KG.

Two double legs clinched the Gold for him. Dude is a beast

Can't wait for 2017 when he decides to make the jump into MMA, but he's got another Gold medal to train for and win first.

Jordan_Burroughs_150115130_620x350.jpg

Jeez...closing ceremony = gathering of the British has-been's. Is this shit still popular over there or was it just cheaper than getting current artists?

So when the heck did Muse and Radiohead play? I was pissed that I watched the whole thing and didn't see them, instead I got to see stupid covers of Pink Floyd, the Who, and Oasis (LOL Brown Eye or whatever that Gallagher's brother's band is)