Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassidy

Banshee

29 posts in this topic

Like Deadly, I just watched the first season and I am now a bit ways into the 2nd. I like this show. it can be a lot of fun, but there really is nothing great about this show outside some of the action.  I will probably watch all of it none the less. Especially since it is only 4 seasons.

I'm happy with the finale of this show, even if it was the weakest season...the other 3 were top-notch, especially the 3rd where it was straight fire all year.

Could have used more Brotherhood, eliminate the serial killer storyline altogether.

Looking forward to what Jonathan Tropper does next...
-he's an amazing novelist and it's NOTHING like this series. They're more coming-of-age and kind of comedic John Hughes-y based off of 'the Book of Joe', which would make for an amazing movie. I have yet to get to 'This is Where I Leave You' or that movie
-his next series will take place in Chinatown in San Francisco in the late 1800s after the Gold Rush. So it will be the Chinese version of Gangs of New York basically and the how the Chinese got blamed for problems when gold mining went away and the economy went to shit (spoke somewhat about it on the Ringer podcast on Friday)

I'm with you on the whole serial killer storyline this season.  Wasn't really a fan of it. 

I was kinda hoping for an epic season long showdown between Hood & Pals against Proctor.  Or Hood + Proctor against the Nazi dudes. 

But I must say, I was really surprised that Doakes wasn't the serial killer.  I kept wondering why he had such a small role as Carrie's shrink, I definitely thought we'd get a "Surprise Mother fucker" out of him or something.  But I guess his casting was more of a red herring.

My only other gripe was the lackluster final fight between Hood and Burton.  After all the crazy intense fight scenes Burton and Hood have had through the entire series, I thought they would have gone all out with the brutality in that one. 

But it was a great show overall.  This last season wasn't the best, but it was solid enough.