Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassidy

Sim City

14 posts in this topic

http://youtu.be/JG8A_DXvbOo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FTE2VW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

why the fuck am I just finding out that this is available?

I played this shit only all the time.

Back in the day, I got pissed at my brother.

and he was away from the computer after he spent days and hours building this city

and I hijacked it and destroyed it with an alien attack.

jesus christ was he pissed and did I get my ass kicked for doing that.

I received a few Steiner Recliners for that one.

Cassidy, did you get it?  If so, how is it?  Didn't know it was $60 so pretty hesitant before trying it somewhere.

just got it.

but it's taking 2 hours and counting to load so might not get around to it today

also Sim City Servers being down sucks too just as it's finished loading.

what the fuck

EDIT:

yeah, it looks like a LOT of people are absolutely pissed with the servers being down.

I didn't realize it was going to be an online game when I purchased it really.

Maybe in the first 24 hours of the game being out, it takes awhile.

but it's Wednesday now, I just got it, and shit is still fucked up.

Edited by Cassidy

If you look at the Amazon page for this game, 1200+ out of the 1500 reviews are one-stars. This is looking to be a huge, huge disaster.

Never mind. It's actually way worse than that.

Edited by chase

If you look at the Amazon page for this game, 1200+ out of the 1500 reviews are one-stars. This is looking to be a huge, huge disaster.

Never mind. It's actually way worse than that.

yeah, I had no idea it was going to be this bad.

I'm pretty patient so I thought maybe it would require some tinkering to get right and it would be solved.

but it appears huger than that.

and extremely short-sighted for any game to have server issues of any kind this big in this day and age.

but I say that as someone who has little understanding of video games

The server isn't working and I have yet to play a single second of the game.

It just takes a long-ass time to load

and when it finally gets to 100%, it faills to let you continue to play.

That's the issue I imagine everybody is having.

Failed State: Sim City's disastrous launch

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/03/failed-state-simcitys-disastrous-launch/

I was real excited to play Sim City again.

In 2003 or 2004 I bought Roller Coaster (edit: TYCOON) 3, super excited...it failed to load properly on my computer and I never ended up playing it. It's collecting dust.

Edited by t-sauce

Hahaha, I am laughing at this. First of all I was too ADD as a kid to ever care about this game, it didn't offer enough instant gratification. And now as an adult I laugh at anybody who would give EA their money for an always online drm game, I could have seen a failure for this game coming a million miles away. EA's Origin service is absolute garbage.

Hahaha, I am laughing at this. First of all I was too ADD as a kid to ever care about this game, it didn't offer enough instant gratification. And now as an adult I laugh at anybody who would give EA their money for an always online drm game, I could have seen a failure for this game coming a million miles away. EA's Origin service is absolute garbage.

what the fuck is a DRM you fucking nerd?

EDIT:

as if noon today, when I tried working it, I am now able to play Sim City.

I did a quick tutorial of a city, then went in.

I quickly aborted trying to build a city since I can't build for shit.

I am like a drunk driver when trying to put roads in a straight line. It was fucking awful.

Edited by Cassidy

what the fuck is a DRM you fucking nerd?

DRM = Digital Rights Management. this one uses an always on internet connection to test the legitimacy of the game copy. There are many other instances of DRM, much like your social awkwardness that prevents you from losing your virginity.