September 9 Kansas City, MO - The Sandbox
September 10 Denver, CO - 7th Circle Music Collective
September 11 Salt Lake City, UT - The Shred Shed
September 13 Seattle, WA - El Corazon
September 14 Portland, OR - Backspace
September 15 Sacramento, CA - Luigi's Slice and Fungarden
September 16 Fresno, CA - Victory Cafe
September 17 San Diego, CA - The Epicentre

If there's a way you could get an individual poster thing for the Denver show I'd be happy to whore myself out and throw some up around town.

Who's idea was it to promote you guys as "EX DANCE GAVIN DANCE?"

everyones. its called common sense. holy fucking shit am i sick of explaining this. no offense, it's nothing personal, but ive had a few people bring this up the last two days and it annoys the shit out of me because it's pretty much basic common sense. anyways i hope you still come out to a show if you can and have a drink cuz im not a dick im just tired of this question.

i was in a band that toured the world, had lots of fans, and i sold like 100,000+ records with them (im only counting the albums i helped write). i have a new band which is incredibly small compared to that band. most fans of DGD do not know i have a new band. if you saw a flyer for a show and it was all bands youve never heard of, you probably wouldnt go because why the fuck would you? if you saw that same flyer but underneath one of the names it said "ex WHATEVERYOURFAVORITEBANDIS" you would probably go. its really simple. i dont understand how people dont get it. it blows my mind. simple advertising.

just to clear things up, i dont believe we plan on doing that forever. its just that right now WE'RE A REALLY FUCKING SMALL BAND WHO DOESNT HAVE THAT MANY FANS AND WE NEED TO DO WHATEVER WE CAN TO GET PEOPLE OUT TO SHOWS SO THAT WE CAN NOT BE POOR FUCKING LOSERS WITH NO FAN BASE WANTING TO DIE. aaaaaaaay, i did that in caps just to highlight the point, not to yell.

once again, if you come out to a show, lets bro down. nothin personal

Edited by prince zachary

No offense taken, and I understand the concept behind it, but I had no idea Dance Gavin Dance was successful. 

I probably heard a couple of songs, wasn't a fan, and if I didn't know you from here I probably wouldn't have checked out Strawberry Girls if all I knew was it had an ex DGD member. Guess I'm in the minority on that.

ANNNND.... I'm already trying to promote the shit out of the Denton show. Talking with an artist friend of mine to get some small flyers custom made we can put up around town. 

Edited by Andrew Wiggin

No offense taken, and I understand the concept behind it, but I had no idea Dance Gavin Dance was successful. 

I probably heard a couple of songs, wasn't a fan, and if I didn't know you from here I probably wouldn't have checked out Strawberry Girls if all I knew was it had an ex DGD member. Guess I'm in the minority on that.

ANNNND.... I'm already trying to promote the shit out of the Denton show. Talking with an artist friend of mine to get some small flyers custom made we can put up around town. 

its all good man. DGD was pretty big.

here's a little sliver of one of our biggest crowds. there was prob like maybe 5,000 people or so here? it was warped tour so they werent all there just for us, but people dont just pack that place out if they dont like a band, theres plenty of other bands to watch and ive seen the ampitheaters empty for a lot of bands on warped.

3784476969_c54095e3c8_o.jpg

we went europe twice, first time was just sweden for a festival that we got flown out for, second time was a tour that went all around europe. aside from that, i probably did like 13 or so US tours with them and towards the end of my time with them we were headlining 5-700 capacity places and selling them out every night. that's fairly big considering im fucking losing my shit if strawberry girls plays to 30 people. now you know why we gotta drop that name. had i not had a pretty big role in the writing of the albums i was on, i wouldnt think it'd be such a big deal, but people liked what i did and i want people who enjoyed that to check out what im up to now. i'll do what i gotta do to make that happen

and thanks for supporting my new band, i appreciate it. im stoked for the show, it should be fun. hopefully there are people there. im not expecting this tour to be very crazy cause we're really new, so im not expecting much. id love to see what you and your friend come up with, that sounds really awesome

Edited by prince zachary

zac will there be a record pressed by the time you are touring or are you going to make me wait even longer

no those wont be done by then. labels seems to think itll take a few months after our re-release, so im not sure on a time frame

I actually just started listening to "Italian Ghosts" for the first time last night. Really really love it. Im gonna try to make it to the St. Louis show in September.

I actually just started listening to "Italian Ghosts" for the first time last night. Really really love it. Im gonna try to make it to the St. Louis show in September.

thanks dude, have you heard the new one? itd rule if you came out! definitely let me know if you plan to when the time comes. ill be checkin the boreds cause id like to meet all you guys

I havent heard any of the new album yet, but i plan on it once i digest the EP a little more. Very few bands that i enjoy listening to make their way through St. Louis, so when they do i try to make an effort to see them. 

I havent heard any of the new album yet, but i plan on it once i digest the EP a little more. Very few bands that i enjoy listening to make their way through St. Louis, so when they do i try to make an effort to see them. 

brooooooo you are missing out, the new album is so much better. thank you for listening though. come out to STL and we'll have a ball

brooooooo you are missing out, the new album is so much better. thank you for listening though. come out to STL and we'll have a ball

I've got tickets to LouFest the night you guys are coming through StL...I'm going to do my best and make it over to FUBAR though.

hey zach, houston still loves you. guest list a fool? herbal compensation can be arranged

definitely hit me up!!!

everyone add me on the motherfuckin facebook so we can keep in contact

"zachary garren"

sounds great man.

This may have been answered before, but are you guys touring with a singer at all or just all instrumental. I figured instrumental, but wasn't sure if you had someone on tour to sing some of the parts.