ant

The World Game thread

2,144 posts in this topic

haha i love how Zlatan is talking all this shit about Barca and going to Milan. i love Zlatan hes probably my favorite player right now, but i don't see this working with Milan. i see them finishing 4th in Seri A. i guess i should expect this from him considering how his career ended with Juventus and Inter this guy will burn his bridge at Milan when the time comes.

I don't get the thread title. I really worry for united though. Has our defence always been this shit? Did I somehow not notice it last season.

johnny evans is shit, the rest of them are fine.

forget bias and prior prejudices, our game against Panathinaikos today is some of the most beautiful football i've seen. watch the first half, please, if you love the game; especially the 3rd goal (Messi's 2nd). or Iniesta's layoff in the box around the 10th minute. those 2 have been sublime.

we don't have the squad depth to mount challenges on multiple fronts over the course of a season, i predict, nor do we have a so-called Plan B; but Jesus almighty do our first, world-best 11 know how to play some stunning football.

obligatory introductory Barça promotion post of the new boards. let's hope the other results today will give us some more to talk about.

forget bias and prior prejudices, our game against Panathinaikos today is some of the most beautiful football i've seen. watch the first half, please, if you love the game; especially the 3rd goal (Messi's 2nd). or Iniesta's layoff in the box around the 10th minute. those 2 have been sublime.

we don't have the squad depth to mount challenges on multiple fronts over the course of a season, i predict, nor do we have a so-called Plan B; but Jesus almighty do our first, world-best 11 know how to play some stunning football.

obligatory introductory Barça promotion post of the new boards. let's hope the other results today will give us some more to talk about.

both of messi's goals were absolutely beautiful, the first for xavi's pin-point accurate through-ball, the second needs no explanation.

Ujfalusi is a thug, always has been, and deserves worse than a straight red; he knew what he was doing. Atleti never miss an opportunity to fuck us in some fashion. my worry about our depth continues, and strikers are the one position we don't really have in abundance to bring up from Barça B team to fill in. let's hope Villa finds his feet, and i guarantee Messi's 4-5 week absence will prompt us to look for transfers in the winter.

:edit: scumbag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWFP7tinIoY&feature=player_embedded

absolutely gutted about the sunderland result, but on balance, we didnt deserve all 3 points.... we played well with 10 men, song's sending off was a complete joke... but sunderland were resilient, and they didnt kick as many lumps out of us this time. That said, lumps have been kicked, and diaby, cesc, robin, vermaelen, theo, bendtner and ramsey all had "committed" players take them out for some time.

^ That was the first game on match of the day last night haha

Was Hansen on? Such a twat

absolutely gutted about the sunderland result, but on balance, we didnt deserve all 3 points.... we played well with 10 men, song's sending off was a complete joke... but sunderland were resilient, and they didnt kick as many lumps out of us this time. That said, lumps have been kicked, and diaby, cesc, robin, vermaelen, theo, bendtner and ramsey all had "committed" players take them out for some time.

Meh, Sunderland didn't create anything against 10 men. We outplayed them, in fact, and if we got the pen we'd be saying it was a deserved win.

Good win against the Spuds. Always nice to see WHL empty before full time.

Thought it was going to be typical Arsenal playing so great in the first half then giving it up and capitulating in the 2nd. Spuds basically gifted us the game, though.

Wilshere was terrific - even at the end of extra time he was a step above. He just seems to have a knack of getting out of tackles. Was pathetic that Twitchy's only answer to that was to get the Spuds kicking him every 2 seconds. Gibbs will be seriously challenging Clichy as well - hope his injury isn't too bad. Probably the only negative - the usual injuries to Ros etc.

Impressed with Lansbury too - first big game and did really well. For all the talk in recent years of our lack of English players the best young talent coming through are pretty much all English.

Remember a pretty amazing tackle from Kos tracking back that stood out.

This game also showed that Nasri should've taken that penalty at Sunderland. Apparently he didn't take it because of some stupid superstition.

This game also showed that Nasri should've taken that penalty at Sunderland. Apparently he didn't take it because of some stupid superstition.

its a long standing thing that the person who earns the pen, never takes it. It rings true a lot, as weird as it is. I was our teams pen taken in all my youth teams, but never took pens I earned, had bad luck with those..but yeah... Nasri should've taken it anyway.

I need to share something with you all. So I'm chilling on my couch eating some dinner and find a collegiate soccer game on ESPNU. USF vs Connecticut. There's nothing on, so I figure why not?

I shit you not, 22 minutes in to the first half and the USF COACH CALLS AND IS GRANTED A TIMEOUT. A FUCKING TIMEOUT. I turned off the tv, shook my head, and weeped for my country.

:(

West Brom 3-0 up at the Emirates? Fucking crazy. Couldn't see the game (fortunately) but jesus what a huge chance to catch up on Chelsea completely missed..

Arsenal are too reliant on Fabregas and have a shit goalkeeper. you could have said that at any point in the past 3 seasons, and not been wrong. why Wenger hasn't addressed those facts... i don't understand.

Almunia really is a terrible goalkeeper. If Arsenal are still within touching distance by January (and not decimated by long-term injuries as per usual) Wenger has to buy a goalkeeper.