Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stringer

The Last of Us

36 posts in this topic

sorry... posting from a new phone. didn't know i was going crazy with it.. but yeah, it was hard for me not to hype this game up so much for people. I will tell you that its a LOT more fun on the second playthrough though.

Edited by Stringer

Started playing this again last night. I'll be hard pressed to find a better game of this generation of gaming. The original Bioshock might be close but this is just too damn fun and entertaining.

Honestly...I haven't beaten it...I loved it, too, there;s just something keeping me from going back.  It's still sitting in my PS3 and I turn my PS3 on almost daily but I just can't click on it.

Finally finished this game about a week ago.  Great way to close out the generation.  This game will probably go down as one of my favorites of all time.

I love Joel's character.  He's not a good guy and doesn't attempt to be.  I almost lost it when he finally called Ellie baby girl after her boss fight.  That ending conversation couldn't have been better.

So I played this with a friend through the big building you make your way through for way too long- I have to say I wasn't really impressed.  There wasn't anything unique or special about the game that far- and it was with a good couple hours of gameplay- I thought maybe it was only the surface, but I looked online and it said there was about 15 hours of gameplay.  I would have thought it would be better by then....not sure I'm going to make an effort to finish it.

....plus I looked up the rest of the story online too.

You looked up the story line?!  BAH!!!  I think the gameplay was OK....the story is the reason to play.  I usually avoid stealth games because I take too long to get through all the areas.  I try to be perfect and take everyone out quietly and then burn myself out.  I stopped playing initially for no real reason but once I got through the 1st quarter of the game I was addicted.  By the time you get to the end to see what happens I think you feel really involved in that world/characters.