Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random Encounter

Ryan Davis, of Giant Bomb, Has Died

5 posts in this topic

I'm dead fucking honest when I say Ryan Davis was a friend of mine.  Never met him but his presence in my life has been profound.  Just like video games themselves,  the videos and podcasts on Giantbomb.com have gotten me through severe bouts of depression.  I was honestly shocked, like, mouth open type shocked, when I read about his death on reddit.  Coupled with the fact that he got married 3 days before he died and the realization that he will never grace my ears with his infectious laugh again deeply saddens me.  I guess that is all.  RIP RYAN DAVIS, CHINA DON'T CARE.

I'm dead fucking honest when I say Ryan Davis was a friend of mine.  Never met him but his presence in my life has been profound.  Just like video games themselves,  the videos and podcasts on Giantbomb.com have gotten me through severe bouts of depression.  I was honestly shocked, like, mouth open type shocked, when I read about his death on reddit.  Coupled with the fact that he got married 3 days before he died and the realization that he will never grace my ears with his infectious laugh again deeply saddens me.  I guess that is all.  RIP RYAN DAVIS, CHINA DON'T CARE.

I'm with you man.  On Sunday I started wondering why I hadn't seen any recent tweets from the Giant bomb guys.  Yesterday morning I saw a link on twitter to the story on Giantbomb.  I didn't quite understand the story the first time I read it.  I thought the author was joking about Ryan getting married and therefore being dead.  I thought the story was poorly executed since the punchline at the end didn't congratulate him on being married.  Then I went back to twitter and realized what happened.  I seriously thought about asking my boss if I could leave work. For about the last 3 years I've listened to the Bombcast on my commute to and from work.  But I've been reading/watching their stuff since the Gamespot days.  I don't have any friends that are true gamers so after listening to these guys for so long I almost feel like that whole group of guys are friends of mine.  Fuck...I feel like shit.  

Edited by Breath of Water

ESPECIALLY relate to the fact that you (/I) have no like hardcore gamer friends so I used these guys as my go-tos for gaming news and other nonsense.  It sucks.  This whole thing sucks.

I have it downloaded but couldn't bring myself to listen to it today.  I was following neogaf and giantbomb forums all day and didn't expect a podcast until Patrick threw out that "Podcast" tweet.  I still have E3 day 3 to listen to so I started listening to that instead.  I got emotional when he started talking about some of his favorite games of the show and his genuine excitement over the new systems.