wtfchuck

StarCraft II

118 posts in this topic

I was all ready to make a new SCII thread but you beat me to it! Anyone want to play some 2's with me. All of my random teammates have been awful the past week.

Yeah these days I only play zerg. I love mutalisks. Usually my games consist of defending against an early push, then building up a bunch of mutas and speedlings to keep them contained in their base while I expand all over the map. I love spreading that creep.

Yeah these days I only play zerg. I love mutalisks. Usually my games consist of defending against an early push, then building up a bunch of mutas and speedlings to keep them contained in their base while I expand all over the map. I love spreading that creep.

If I played zerg I would go mutas almost every game. It's so easy to harass with mutas.

for a brief while, maybe a few months, years ago (before thrice), i was obsessed with playing (1v1 and 2v2s on official b.net maps) as zerg in the 1st starcraft. though i love mutalisks, i have always considered the mutalisk mineral line attack as the ultimate starcraft equivalent to a ``groin attack``, a low-blow tactic.

i`d get the biggest zergasms from defiler dark-swarm zergling hydralisk ultralisk stampedes, queen-parasiting, zergling drops, hiding secret hatcheries and expansions. sorry i`m tearing up from nostalgia, a second...

i wonder if it`s any easier to reach hive-tech in SC2?. i like how they made the infester`s building the hive-pre-requisite, as its deinitely more useful than the SC1 queens.

the new queen, creep, and nydus spawning abilities make me really excited about this new SC2 zerg. the new nydous and creep are everything that i`d wished they would be. the ability to control more than 12 units per control group?! hallelujah. my starcraft-love is itching from lurking this thread. speaking of which, though i loved the unique zergability to burrow (saved so many drones this way) i never liked the lurkers (too akward to use other than defensively), or the purple-spitting`corrupter` things. the only thing i remember liking about BW was the ultralisk upgrades. really wish they kept the defiler for SC2. hopefully with the inevitable expansions...

the release of SC2 has put all these irrational desires in my head to upgrade the motherboard in my PC along with getting suckered into buying some expensive 200+$ video card just to play some beutifully hyped up game that will probably consume a huge chunk of my life again. i wonder if they`ll have SC2 at those counter-strike hosting internet cafes yet?

i should go to one. today. alone. in shame. it`s raining.

damn dude, you somehow turned the love for a video game into some depressing tale about a mans battle with his own willpower.

Dude, Devourers (the dudes that spit the purple stuff. Were amazing AA in SC:BW they not only did good damage but slowed the attack speed of enemy units significantly.

Just had a great day playing with some friends. This game was impossible at first, but once you master a starting build it gets soooo much easier. I went from struggling to get out of bronze to fighting for top 10 in diamond 2's in like a week. Just master the perfect starting build for your race and it will get so much easier. For Terran it's like a 3 rax (refinery at 13, orbital at 15) with 1 tech lab and 2 reactors. If you can get efficient with this (unless your playing 1v1 Terran vs Terran the you go 1/1/1) you can easily get to platinum and diamond. Trust me, take the time to learn the perfect build and this game is cake. If any terran players want my build play with me and save the replay.

lolz. but srsly it was a pretty easy fix.

I figured out the problem. It's Avast! being a dick to Starcraft 2. It's weird since I was playing fine all day.

Anyway, if you get this problem and run Avast! follow these steps.

Go to Real-Time Shields

Click on Expert Settings

Click on Exclusions

There is a box at the bottom where you can type

Type "*.auth" and make sure all 3 boxes are checkmarked

Voila it's fixed.