Followers 0
DK.

2013 Fantasy Football

293 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eNfm0Fhkmi4

ย 

You heard the man.

Edited by DK.

Did a mock draft for my 12 team big $$$ league last night. ย PPR, I have the 11th pick in the draft. ย What do you all think?

ย 

QB - RG3 (Round 6 - disconnected from the draft room and this was my auto draft, was going to wait on QB more)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Steven Jackson (2)

WR - Danny Amendola (3)

WR - Torrey Smith (5)

WR - Josh Gordon (7)

RB/WR - Reggie Bush (4)

TE - Martellus Bennett (8)

ย 

BN - Mark Ingram RB (9)

BN - Michael Floyd WR (10)

BN - Ryan Broyles WR (11)

BN - Ben Tate RB (12)

BN - Sam Bradford (13)

ย 

I left for the last two rounds and ended up with:

14. Green Bay (GB - DEF)
15. Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K) ย 

My instincts are afraid for the health of that team. ย 

ย 

I'm ready to give Pat's team away. ย 

ย 

As I've said before, he hasn't been on here since May and I can't re-invite him through the league because his email is hidden. ย If anyone else on here feels left out of our KEEPER DYNASTY league and wants in, now is your chance. ย His team wasn't great (looks like he read too many sleeper articles), but we can't keep 1st or 2nd rounders so you still have a chance to be competitive this season & certainly going forward. If I was the new owner of this team, I would keep Trent Richardson as a 3rd & James Jones as an 18th.

I filled Pat's team with a friend of mine who I know will be extremely active and won't go anywhere. ย I've been playing with him for years.

Crap that reminds me I need to set the trade approval back the to commissioner.

Do we have a draft day? ย *waits for sarcastic gif response*

ย 

I'm away all weekend down in Orange County for my big $ draft so hopefully not this weekend...

Do we have a draft day? ย *waits for sarcastic gif response*

ย 

tumblr_mejo8ldT6q1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

ย 

It's almost two weeks away on Labor Day evening. ย I may need to move it up to that Tuesday.

ย 

KEEPERS are due in one week, following the week 3 preseason games (because starters won't play week 4 at all so injury risk is minimal). ย I have a couple other drafts that week along with my regularly scheduled life, so I've given myself a little cushion to deal with sorting exactly what each pick costs. ย Here's how it works for the Alexly-challenged...

ย 

ย 

I posted rules somewhere. The basics are:

• Keep up to 4.
  • You can't keep guys you drafted in the 1st two rounds.
  • They'll cost you the same draft slot next year (and will cost you two rounds earlier in subsequent years).
  • Waiver/FA pick ups will be valued based on Yahoo! ranks converted into "round" and then +2 rounds later. (If Alfred Morris is the 15th overall pre-ranked player next season putting him in the 2nd round, he's a 4th rounder to you.)
  • Traded players carry their draft slot with them to their new team.
  • Waiver/FA players do not carry draft slots with them to their new team.
And here's something I don't think I'd considered before if you traded picks or somehow have two keepers in the same potential round:
  • If you don't have a draft slot for the round of the keeper, the keeper will cost the next earlier draft pick. (10th round keeper but no 10th pick => 9th round pick.)
  • Players you drafted have priority for the draft slot in a particular round, followed by trade acquisitions and then waiver/FA. (i.e. -- You have a guy you drafted 10th and a guy you traded for or picked up who is also a 10th, your drafted dude = 10th rounder; acquired guy = 9th rounder.)
  • Any other multiple keeper conflicts for the same round will be sorted by Yahoo! pre-ranks. (i.e. -- You have a drafted dude and two waiver/FAs all in the same round value, the waiver/FA dudes will be sorted by their Yahoo! value to determine who is the earliest pick.)

ย 

ย 

ย 

PICK YOUR KEEPERS by MIDNIGHT PDT next MONDAY AUG 26. ย (Due date is minute 1, Tuesday Aug 27).ย 

If it's during the week I won't be able to do it before 8 pm pacific time, and my hockey/softball will probably be starting up then so wouldn't be able to do it Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday...

On Labor Day?

I'm so god damn confused. Is there a benefit after all to not keeping more than 1 keeper? Also this draft is gonna be over in 30 minutes if everyone keeps 4 ha.

^ look at Draft Central and Last Season.

ย 

ย 

DK gets to choose between 6 dudes in the top 40 Overall to choose from, that dick. No wonder why he installed that Nazi No 1st/2nd Round keepers (mostly to fuck me over and force me to keep Owen Daniels ugh).

Will we be able to see the rounds that the keepers are going to be slotted in before the draft? ย I want to make sure they're accurate, don't want to get into the draft and see that someone wasn't marked as a waiver pick up or something and have problems. ย Just as a double check method.

Can someone explain this rule a little better:

ย 

• They'll cost you the same draft slot next year (and will cost you two rounds earlier in subsequent years).

ย 

So if I keep a 3rd rounder from last year, I forfeit my 3rd round pick this year and my 1st round pick next year? Subsequent years plural...what does that imply?

Can someone explain this again?

ย 

Does that mean a 3rd round pick this year will cost me a 1st round next year? And years later? Seems harsh.

Example: your 15th round keeper this year would be a 13th round keeper next year (if you wanted them on your team again) and your 11th rounder the year after that, and 9th rounder the year after that.

This is great for people who picked RG3/Andrew Luck/Russel Wilson etc in late rounds

Edited by haverchuck

I made a trade last year that got me an additional 2nd round pick.ย  Correct?ย  Was this with Mixhail?

ย 

Do we know the draft order yet?

ย 

I'm probably not going to have any keepers (looking at my lower picks) because my team is a fucking disaster.