Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AC Slater

Blackstar, you seem pretty smart. Would you mind briefly describing your personal views on the Universe/Diety/Life after death?

13 posts in this topic

So I'm guessing you don't acknowledge any traditional form of Universe, God, or afterlife?

I was expecting that answer, i just figured you might elaborate.

42. i checked it very thoroughly, and that quite definitely is the answer. i think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is.

Maybe he's confusing blackstar with steppenwhale. There is no universe, we're all just trapped in the matrix. But seriously, acknowledge any form of universe? Do you want to elaborate?

look, i'm not trying to be a dick. it's just that this question is so broad the answer will either be boring or far too extensive; unless you want to hear an explanation of my entire worldview from the ground up, which is something I think neither of us is inclined to slog through.

suffice to say I see no compelling evidence for a Diety (certainly in the monotheistic or Abrahamic incarnations), but am recurringly in awe of the Universe, its scope and mechanisms and remain a bit flabbergasted at people who somehow think that that sense of awe isn't "enough" and feel the need to substitute the former as a fictional stand-in. as for life after death, well, if as many of us suspect we are simply material bodies which decay and return to our constituent material elements, there's no such thing. it's a nice thought, but I don't see any reason to believe it's true.

all pretty banal stuff, I don't see what anyone would find particularly interesting about it. there are lots of far more interesting questions to ask; I've receded from the Issues section mostly because nobody is asking them, or are asking and answering them in ridiculous ways (steppenwhale, gomez).