Mixhail

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

59 posts in this topic

^ I was thinking he's gonna be more like Racer X from Speed Racer* and be this ultimately good guy who stays in the middle between Shield and Hydra for the rest of the show's run, until he valiantly dies in the last episode and is redeemed. At least the show finally figured out something to do with that actor because he was boring as fuck as a good guy.

Saw the episode from the other night. Where o where did i recognize the good memory wiped former Shield agent? I know the other dude was from Cougar Town and The Bridge (and I'm glad they didn't kill him off), so this is gonna bug me. Also yay, Coulsen and the show have a mission for the rest of the season now. $5 they call the city they're looking for El Dorado.

* I have no idea why this was the 1st example in my head. I'm sure there are more relevant ones.

Yo that Skye chick is Quake, ya heard?  She can turn brains into scrambled eggs & tadpoles.  

^ I like how the show has probably its best episode ever... and then we don't get to see what happens next until March ughhh.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/marvels-agents-shield-what-they-become-212829

^ there's a blurb in there about how apparently this show was planned as a long superhero origin story, so that's kinda neat. Too bad Skye still kinda sucks. Also I'm dumb, I didn't realize she had the power to control earthquakes and that she was responsible for killing off poor Tripp (the rule that you can't have 2 main black dudes in a drama still holds true i guess). 

At least everything else has been consistently better. And having Kyle Maclaughin as Mr. Hyde has been a hit. I'm kinda bummed that they killed off that Daniel Whitehall guy so soon, he was a pretty good bad guy. 

Are you guys excited for that Agent Carter show? I'm not really, but I'll probably check out the pilot anyway.

Edited by Mixhail

The last couple episodes have been pretty good.  I love how they are introducing the Inhumans within this show.  It really helps tie the show more into the Marvel world, it felt way too disconnected in the first season in my opinion.

Ward should have died though, he sucked as a good guy and he sucks as a bad guy; I'm not sure why they insist on keeping that dude around, he's the worst actor on the show.  But I did like how Skye casually shoots him and just walks off, that was quite satisfying.

Skye is still pretty annoying, but I'm really glad they've been kinda taking the entire focus off of her this season and splitting up the screen time more with the other characters (we need more Coulson + Tyra from FNL and less Skye and Fitz-Simmons lameness). 

Agent Carter looks pretty lame from the previews I saw.  I didn't love the character in the first Captain America movie, so I don't have much desire to watch this. 

So who saw Agent Carter after all? The reviews were all really good so I watched it and was pretty blown away. It reminds me alot of Fringe, but with a waaaaaay more charismatic lead. This show is killing it off the bat just because of its solid cast, but wow I never knew Hayley Atwell could be likable and have so much range. I'm stoked for the rest of this mini season, and now I'm actually bummed it will end so soon.

AGENT CARTER's 2-hour premiere was real good/fun.

also, I think I got lost googling 'Hayley Atwell' afterwards like I always do: so hot in 'Captain America'...then naturally beautiful in the awesome 'Black Mirror' episode hooking up with one of the Weasley twin brothers (WTF?)

But yeah, I dig that this is only 8 episodes or so.

I was neither impressed nor disappointed by Agent Carter, it was an okay use of 2 hours to watch. The only thing I noticed was there were lots of scenes that cut from one to another, with no transition scenes. It seems like it was edited down for time big really harshly. Then again I wasn't paying 100% attention, so I could have missed some things.

less Fitz-Simmons lameness).

I'll fight you! These two are the only reason I still watch the show haha.

I actually like both Fitz and Simmons, I just didn't like how long they have been stringing out their animosity or whatever between each other.  They were definitely one of the better parts of the show early on, I just don't like where they took them I guess.

I still have Agent Carter episode on my DVR, but I really have very little desire to watch it.  I was actually one of the few people that seemed to really like the first Captain America movie, so maybe I'll try to watch it this weekend. 

But please tell me that they don't spend large amounts of time dealing with her being "a woman in a man's world" bullshit and her overcoming adversity in the workplace or whatever, because I don't want to watch Agent Peggy Olson.

I actually like both Fitz and Simmons, I just didn't like how long they have been stringing out their animosity or whatever between each other.  They were definitely one of the better parts of the show early on, I just don't like where they took them I guess.

I still have Agent Carter episode on my DVR, but I really have very little desire to watch it.  I was actually one of the few people that seemed to really like the first Captain America movie, so maybe I'll try to watch it this weekend. 

But please tell me that they don't spend large amounts of time dealing with her being "a woman in a man's world" bullshit and her overcoming adversity in the workplace or whatever, because I don't want to watch Agent Peggy Olson.

I think the animosity between the Fitz/Simmons drama makes a lot of sense though, so I like it.

Haha you straight called it, that's almost all of what Agent Carter is, her trying to prove to her incompetent male superiors she's a quality agent.

Haha it basically is only this, but for some reason its funny and entertaining because Hayley Atwell kills it with her witty comebacks and being subversive. Just watch it, I think you'll be woo'd anyway, especially since the rest of the cast is solid too. I'm surprised they were able to get so many recognizable people on it. 

Damn it guys!  It is going to be Agent Peggy Olson, isn't it!  hahah

I didn't get around to watching it yet, but I will give it a shot sometime this week.  Lots of good reviews from you guys and some other reviewers/bloggers I trust, I was just surprised I guess; the previews must not have done it justice.

Well this show is back and I'm already back to being bored with it. Especially after watching the awesome, fun Agent Carter. Agents of SHIELD is just bland by comparison and the return episode was just mopey as fuck. They really shouldn't have taken the long break.

Next week the chick from Thor/the underage girl Dennis takes to the Prom in It's Always Sunny is back.

This is the defacto thread for Marvel stuff now, so here's the extremely cool trailer for Daredevil. I went from not giving a shit about this after seeing the dumb costume, to being totally interested. It looks like a Dark Knight TV show.

I'm looking forward to Daredevil too, he was always one of my favorite characters growing up and I'm glad that they are finally making stuff with him again after that terrible movie. 

And the showrunner for Daredevil is Steven DeKnight, the same dude who made Spartacus such an awesome show (the first season was hit and miss, but the last two were fucking awesome), so there's that as well.

I know they are planning to do Daredevil > AKA Jessica Jones > Luke Cage > Iron Fist and then the Defenders.  But I'm wondering if Daredevil is going to make appearences in any of the other movies, like Civil War.  I'd love to see more cross-over between the TV shows and the movies, even if it's just a couple smaller scenes, it would be awesome to have Cap, Iron Man, Daredevil and now Spiderman all kicking ass together. 

^ Agreed. Especially since I always thought Daredevil was really well known. I knew more about him than Iron Man for instance. Plus he always used to team up with Spider-Man in the cartoons.

I keep wondering if they'd include Coulson and any Agents of SHIELD people in Avengers 2. I'm guessing no? Mockingbird could easily make the transition since Adrianne Palacki is awesome.

Fucking Skye is going to be the main character in the eventual Inhumans movie, isn't she? 

Daredevil is one of the most consistent comics ever (and one of my favorites). I don't read comics really anymore, but it was amazing for SOOO many years and has had some of the best writers in comics on it.

I hope this is good. 

^ Agreed. Especially since I always thought Daredevil was really well known. I knew more about him than Iron Man for instance. Plus he always used to team up with Spider-Man in the cartoons.

I keep wondering if they'd include Coulson and any Agents of SHIELD people in Avengers 2. I'm guessing no? Mockingbird could easily make the transition since Adrianne Palacki is awesome.

Fucking Skye is going to be the main character in the eventual Inhumans movie, isn't she? 

The rumors about Avengers 2 I've heard says that neither Coulson or other SHIELD TV show members will be in the movie, but there's a good chance that they will be in Captain America: Civil War movie.  I heard the same thing that Daredevil would likely have a brief cameo in Civil War along with Spiderman's big debut. 

Which would make sense, if they are sticking loosely to the comics with Tony Stark attempting to unmask and register all superheroes with Cap trying to stop him.  I mean, as of right now, the only superheroes who wear masks are Iron Man and Captain America and everyone in the world knows their identity.  They are going to need to bolster the ranks of masked crime fighters, which I assume would likely include Spiderman and Daredevil as the two big ones.  Maybe Ant Man as well by then?  Then probably fill out the ranks on either side with SHIELD agents (maybe Skye being another masked crime fighter by then?)  I dunno, it will be interesting to see how they swell the ranks in Civil War. 

I'm also curious to see how they are going to handle the whole Inhumans movie regarding Skye or other TV show characters.  My first thought would be that unless Agents of SHIELD gets like Game of Thrones popular somehow, there is no way she is going to be the lead.  They will bring in famous actors to portray the Inhuman royal family, I'd imagine she could have a cameo, but I don't think they'd have her be the star of the film.  I think it's just a way to start setting up Inhumans as the Marvel-verse version of mutants, I mean, the Inhumans movie is like 5 or 6 years away right?  I think SHIELD is just going to explore the fringes of the Inhumans, we won't meet any of the main Inhuman's cast until the movie.

I still like this show quite a bit, less focus on Skye. More focus on Adrianne Palacki and Mack, who are both awesome. We finally got over the stupid mysteries, Alien Blood for Coulsen and Skye's parents.

^ Yup last week was awesome. All of a sudden Mack became a rich, detailed character instead of the new token black guy. And Adrienne Palacki proved once again why she should just be the lead on the show now.

Guess this show is just gonna make a habit of taking its sweet time before it gets really good at the end each season. 

BTW I'm bummed that Fitz and Simmons are like totally wasted characters now. 

Any of you guys watch SHIELD last night?  They did a pretty awesome one-take action scene with Skye:

I'd love if they'd do more scenes like this.  Daredevil really stepped up it's game for action sequences, maybe it will light a fire under the butts of all the stunt coordinators on SHIELD to do the same.

And they apparently doing a Spin-off of this show with Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood as the stars.  I guess they realized how awesome Palicki is on SHIELD, but I'm kinda thinking they should have just increased her role a bit more on SHIELD and make this show consistently better, rather than taking away one of the best characters SHIELD has had in it's entire run and dilute the quality.  Eh, we'll see I guess.

I'm really looking forward to Avengers this weekend though.  I know it's gotten kinda middling reviews so far, but I am still excited for it.

^ Ha did you read my tweet last night? I said the same thing about that Skye sequence. Daredevil must have forced them to up their game. I was confused if I was actually watching the same show because they haven't had a really cool sequence like that since the May on May fight. And this one was unique and violent as all hell. Could have been Bioshock esque if they let her use her powers in the middle of it too.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about the spinoff idea just yet. Mockingbird is likable enough to have her own show or be in the movies, but I don't know if we need 2 freaking Agents of SHIELD now.

That SHIELD episode from Tuesday was pretty major. Guess SHIELD and the Inhumans are going to war now, and it turns out that Skye's mom aint that nice after all.

The events from Age of Ultron don't make for as big of an impact on the show like Captain America 2 did last year, but it was still kinda cool that Gonzalez ultimately turned out to be a pretty good guy, despite his heavy handed approach to things.

I'm actually really excited for the 2 hour finale now.