Mixhail

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

59 posts in this topic

pretty decent finale, that ending was weird though. I don't read the comics, but I would guess that the liquid rock that ate Simmons will turn her into some sort of badass Jean Grey / Phoenix type character. Poor Fitz.

I think that Jemma Simmons is character unique to the show, although she could always be written into having been renamed into someone already in the Marvel Universe like Skye was.  That would be lame to do twice.  

I think the prevailing theory is that its gonna transport Gemma somewhere, not turn her into a superhero. I really did think they just abruptly get rid of her until I read the interviews after. I did think the show definitely wasted her in the 2nd half of the season, when she was the best part of the show at the beginning while being undercover at SHIELD. But I guess Adrienne Palacki stole even more of the spotlight from boring Chloe Bennett than Elizabeth Henstridge did, so they couldn't give her that much more to do besides be a random prospective murderer.

The finale was not as good as the penultimate episode. They did succeed in making Mack cool though. They should give him a giant Paul Bunyan Ax more often. Cal was hilarious when he went full on Hyde, but wow him "Killing" Skye's mom was kinda stupid looking. Like that Key and Peele sketch with the dude who cracks everyones neck with just a slight touch. 

The ending almost felt like a series finale. I had no clue how a SHIELD spinoff as supposed to come out of that either, but whatevs. They really need to include Mockinbird in Civil War or New Avengers movies though. She's too badass to just be on TV.

I like the idea that they're gonna do more superhero stuff finally next season. I bet they land Sif as a regular too, and have her team up with Skye, Lincoln, and Deathlock like a mini-Avengers team.

Anybody still watch this? The way they played off Jemmas trip to the other planet was great, and her relationship with the spaceman then back to Fitz was great, or maybe it wasn't and I'm just too attached to them to ever dislike their story.

Ward is finally less boring, but I'm assuming he'll be done at the end of this season. I'm betting Lash takes him out somehow, maybe he saves Agent Mae from Ward's "It" character.

I HATE the idea of spinning off Bobbi/Hunter into their own show, they were great characters on this show as an ensemble cast but I don't think they can carry their own show. So they made one show worse to make a show that won't be good enough to survive. Also the way they were written off seems pretty final so if that show flops there's no reasonable way to bring them back. I hope I'm wrong and Marvel's Most Wanted kicks ass, would be cool if they could go Hard R on a series, but I'm holding hope that Punisher gets his own series.

Also Chloe Bennett's Skye/Daisy is the worst character on the show. She and Electroboy are just flat boring. That said Chloe Bennett is so unreasonablely hot, she better never leave the show.

http://imgur.com/a/dFbGo

Edited by ignitionnight

Also Chloe Bennett's Skye/Daisy is the worst character on the show. She and Electroboy are just flat boring. That said Chloe Bennett is so unreasonablely hot, she better never leave the show.

http://imgur.com/a/dFbGo

I'm not quite finished this season, still 5 or 6 episodes to go for me, but I agree.

I'll leave this here:

Edited by Brendan

I HATE the idea of spinning off Bobbi/Hunter into their own show, they were great characters on this show as an ensemble cast but I don't think they can carry their own show. So they made one show worse to make a show that won't be good enough to survive. Also the way they were written off seems pretty final so if that show flops there's no reasonable way to bring them back. I hope I'm wrong and Marvel's Most Wanted kicks ass, would be cool if they could go Hard R on a series, but I'm holding hope that Punisher gets his own series.

Doesn't look like Marvel's Most Wanted is happening, along with the fact that Agent Carter was cancelled:

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Most_Wanted

On January 9, 2016, it was revealed that a pilot had been ordered.[2]

On May 12, 2016, it was announced that ABC would not pick up the series.[3]

Edited by Brendan

It would be easy enough to write them back in as part of some super secret group or returning from a mission that Coulson & Fury were behind.  The character "Mockingbird" has a history of being a secret mission, anti-corruption operative for Fury and she isn't even known by that name in the show yet.  She could return with her own team (West Coast Avengers)... or maybe they'll write it such that Coulson/Fury/Mack sent them away to separate them from the growing Inhuman project within S.H.I.E.L.D. and form a potential safety net?

Man... this show already had a lot of SFX for the jets, etc, but now Quake/Daisy is coming into her powers and doing more SFXy stuff with that and Ghost Rider!  

The blonde guy who died in the hospital during the season premiere is a good friend of mine.  Pretty cool for him since he's obsessed with superheroes and is often referred to as "Thor".