Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey

Random Thoughts: Video Games

450 posts in this topic

So I just needed a place to request some help with my dying xbox 360. Just started freezing this weekend, which apparently is a precursor to RROD (2nd time), I'm pretty sure my xbox is out of warranty. Any options at this point? Throw it from the balcony?

My advice is just buy a brand new one. Not very helpful but even if you get someone to fix it, it'll end up dying again a few months down the line.

Trade your current xbox in or if it's already dead, sell it on eBay for a bit of cash towards the new one.

I kinda want to just trade my xbox in for one of the fancy new ones anyway.

My xbox started to freeze regularly too and a month later, it was getting the 1 and 3 red ring errors. My xbox is out of warranty and microsoft wants to pay to fix it, and im saying fuck that. Any ideas on how to get them to comp the repair? I am trying to send them pictures of all the microsoft products I own and guilt them into fixing it. Moar ideas ?

My xbox started to freeze regularly too and a month later, it was getting the 1 and 3 red ring errors. My xbox is out of warranty and microsoft wants to pay to fix it, and im saying fuck that. Any ideas on how to get them to comp the repair? I am trying to send them pictures of all the microsoft products I own and guilt them into fixing it. Moar ideas ?

Go on craigslist. You can find so many people that will fix 1,2 or 3 light errors for like $20. Mine was getting 2 lights (overheating) and for $20 the guy did a full repair including putting new thermal paste on the system, and deep cleaning all the cracks packed with dust.

Go on craigslist. You can find so many people that will fix 1,2 or 3 light errors for like $20. Mine was getting 2 lights (overheating) and for $20 the guy did a full repair including putting new thermal paste on the system, and deep cleaning all the cracks packed with dust.

I would recommend learning how to do this yourself, actually. Even after somebody does this to your system, it's still prone to happen again and again. Ive had to open mine up and fix it 3 times now. I'm going to ride this bitch into the ground.

COG is right. It's easy as hell to fix yourself. Find a decent video on YouTube and follow it. I opened mine up and did it around April and I haven't had a problem since and it only cost me like $6. Just find a friend or a parent or a friend's parent who has the Torx drivers.

I would recommend learning how to do this yourself, actually. Even after somebody does this to your system, it's still prone to happen again and again. Ive had to open mine up and fix it 3 times now. I'm going to ride this bitch into the ground.

I'm going to do one of these. I do like to fix things myself so I'll see what it takes to get this done. Thanks!

I'm going to do one of these. I do like to fix things myself so I'll see what it takes to get this done. Thanks!

I'll see if I can find the youtube video that walked me through it. I actually learned quite a bit as to the inner-workings of the console and what causes the errors. Only thing I truly hated was the drilling through the inner-casing to replace the x-clamps. I didn't have a drill bit in good condition that was the right size, so the holes are reeeeeal crappy.

Yeah I didn't say xbox games were pieces of shit. Clearly xbox wins that competition. Just saying that Nintendo makes quality hardware. There are survival stories of people dropping their nintendo products from 2nd story buildings only to find that they work perfectly.

What's the deal with Japanese people's obsession with videogame women and giant videogame boobs and cleavage?

I think it may have to do with the interest of men and boobs, in general.

PS3 IS BETTER THAN BOTH NOOBS

----

What's the deal with Japanese people's obsession with videogame women and giant videogame boobs and cleavage?

Because massive, heaving titties make everything better, amiright?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

just started playing this.

so addicting.

What IS this game? I heard it's roughly the size of 8 EARTHS in size. That's so huge, but it also looks like it was made in the early 90s

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

hahahaha Noise you're right, it totally looks like a cock shooting fire

What IS this game? I heard it's roughly the size of 8 EARTHS in size. That's so huge, but it also looks like it was made in the early 90s

It's basically just a game made by one person where you can do anything/build anything you want.

hahahaha Noise you're right, it totally looks like a cock shooting fire

Hahaha exactly what I thought - funnier than the actual vid