Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey

Random Thoughts: Video Games

450 posts in this topic

I've finally gone legit after the last several years of messing with my modded 360.  Feels pretty good to buy all this stuff and the support the industry.  I did have one misstep and I grabbed South Park from a torrent but I stopped playing after about 6 hours and I plan on buying it when the price drops.  I also looked hard at downloading Wolfenstein after hearing all the positive reviews

Do you guys every buy games for Dota/TF2 keys?  I've bought a few games from users through the trading section of Steam.  Usually you can save a few bucks.

Edited by Breath of Water

No, I haven't done the dota trade thing. I just sell the shit on the marketplace for like $.15.

I bought Wildstar, an action MMO and it's pretty fun. Haven't played an MMO in a while so enjoying to so far and there's new mechanics that make combat less boring.

Playing a lot of dota, too, with the compendium so I get newer items and more money for the SUMMER SALE which is coming soon.

I bought Wildstar, an action MMO and it's pretty fun. Haven't played an MMO in a while so enjoying to so far and there's new mechanics that make combat less boring.

How is this game shaping up so far?  I played it briefly in one of the betas a little while ago, but I had some connection issues during that beta so I didn't get to play it much.  I only made it to about level 6 or 7 I think, but the game didn't seem to really click for me at that point. 

I heard it gets better at level 20+ with the group content?  I was considering trying it out, but I just haven't heard much from other people playing it yet.

I'm only lvl 17 but the house stuff is supposed to be awesome with deep mechanics. I was saving for a mount though so havent touched much of it. I've gone through some "adventures" and "dungeons" and they're fun but a bit chaotic. All the attacks are flashy and you see everyone's attack field on the ground so it can get confusing. As a healer, I just follow the tank and heal him while spamming my bigger heals for everyone else. If they're not close to me then they die but oh well. I enjoy more than I enjoyed WoW the last time I played because it's not just push a button then another button and then another until something dies. You have to aim and that makes it more challenging and less boring.

Any of you guys going to play the Destiny beta this week?  I think it starts on Thursday or Friday. 

You can get beta codes from a preorder.  I got mine from Amazon in just a couple hours and you can cancel your preorder after the beta if you want.

I'll be on the PS3 version, going to see if I like the game enough to finally shell out for a PS4.  It looks pretty cool from what I've seen of it so far, I've been watching a lot of videos and 'lets plays' for it.  Seems like a mix between Borderlands 2 and Halo, with a casual MMO twist to add some re-playability.

Yeah, the game looks really fun.

I was a big Borderlands fan, it seems a lot of the similarities exist between the two, but Destiny looks like it's taking the mutliplayer aspect into a more MMO kinda space with raids and organized PVP.  I never got into many of the Halo games other than Halo 2, but Bungie seems like a good developer.  I just wish this was coming out on PC as well as consoles; I am so much better with a mouse/keyboard than I am with a controller for FPSs.

Hell yes, I hope I'm not tired of it by then.

And the beta starts today, but I am at work and cannot start the download yet.  But it sounds like both PSN and the Bugnie site are crashing due to the traffic, so I probably couldn't be playing anyways.

And apparently we get 3 beta codes for each preorder.  So if anyone wants a beta code, let me know.  It won't be for a couple hours though until I can get back home from work.

Well, the Destiny Beta is pretty cool.  But apparently I can't play it because my PS3 has a NAT 3 internet connection, which causes me to drop out of the game about every 20 minutes.

I've spent the last 4 hours doing every single tutorial online regarding DMZ, port forwarding, ect.  Apparently I have figured out the problem, since I live in an apartment complex, my router connects to another router/modem that is central and I can't access. 

Gonna try my ISP help tomorrow, but they are a small local company and have been as helpful as a second asshole every other time, so I'm not too optimistic. 

Oh well, I guess I will wait for the PC release.

OH MY GOD PLS GIVE ME BETA CODE! haha

About the NAT 3, call ISP and if they know nothing then try your landlord? Because I don't why all the apartments would be going through some central hub without him knowing.

Edited by Random Encounter

Do you have a PS3?  Because I just have the PS3 version beta codes.  I still have one left if you want one.

I'm going to try to get my ISP to help, but I don't think the tech support is open until Monday.

So, thanks to the Dealy AWESOME, ive been playing a bunch of destiny. I didn't want to like this game simply because I don't have the money to buy it. But I do like the game. A lot. It looks great and it's a very streamlined MMO shooter. I've played Wargame and it doesn't get it as right as Destiny does. Wargame always seems empty whereas Destiny you can see ppl walking around. 

Also, I hate getting on the internet hate train but Peter Dinklage's VO work in this game is just as bad as everyone says it is. Too bad.

Damn it!  For some reason when Destiny popped in my head I immediately thought "XOne and PS4"  totally forgot this is coming to 360 and PS3. I coulda been playing this the whole weekend!  I guess I'll try to get a beta code later.  

You dont have any left?! I love the game so I'd be happy to schlep my bum down to gamestop to preorder it and give you a key. Also, reached the beta level cap in a day and a half and have reading speculation that it'll only take a handful of hours to reach the actual level cap when the game comes out which scares me. Seems like they're focusing on loot but I don't know how I'll like that. But the combat is fun, the PVP is fun, they have events almost every day. Yea...so Breath, let me know.

My mistake. I didn't have a beta key. I had time to play this past weekend but might not have time this coming weekend. I'll probably pre-order the game so I can try to play when the beta re-open. Thanks for the offer though 8)

Anybody want a Spec-Ops Steam key? Got one in a recent bundle.

I still have an extra PS3 Beta key for Destiny if you want one.  I'm at work right now, but I can send it to you later today when I get back.

So I spent much of yesterday on the phone with my ISP regarding the whole NAT3 subject I've had with the PS3.  Apparently, the only way around this for me would to buy a static IP address from them because apparently "the size of my apartment complex is too large to make such drastic changes as port forwarding to the entire complex and would open up all the computers to attack" which sounds like bullshit to me.  I'm going to try to speak to someone else tomorrow because I don't think that guy knows what he's talking about.

Fuck, this is such bullshit.  I was already on the fence with ISP, the internet service is good, it's rarely down, but if they can't help me with playing a PS3 online, it's retarded.  I also have cable bundled with Internet, but their cable packages suck, they just removed all Viacom channels (MTV, Comedy Central) and no On Demand service. 

At least now I have some real motivation to switch I guess.