Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey

Random Thoughts: Video Games

450 posts in this topic

After playing WoW on and off for five years (thank god I don't play anymore) I have completely grown out of single players game. I haven't been interested in the single player of a game on a good 2-3 years. The social aspect and competition in multiplayer just stomps single player stories in my mind. I'm a little bit bummed that I'm not entertained by single player games anymore because I had so much fun playing them when I was younger.

I was going to agree but then I remembered that the best experience I've had so far this gen was with Mass Effect 1 & 2. SP games are still great.

Am definitely hanging out for a good multiplayer RPG, though - Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2 please.

Finally got my PS3 shipped to me from home, so I'll be able to play games for the first time in six months. Trying to decide what to buy next. I'm leaning toward the new Need for Speed because I fucking loved Hot Pursuit back in the day, but I haven't tried the demo yet. Also, there's CoD: BO and Fallout: New Vegas. I haven't really enjoyed any CoD game, and didn't put much time in to Fallout 3. Also, is the new Dead Rising worth it?

Got a wireless keyboard + mouse yesterday and now I'm playing pc games on my big tv. Shit is awesome, but i need a better pillow to lean against. My back is killing me.

If you have a modded box do NOT download the new dashboard. It would also be a good idea to stay away from Fable 3 and other new games until more info is known. We already know some new security measures are in place.

If you have a samsung or old hitachi drive you'll be fine with the new dash and new games

(fable 3 is the only confirmed ap2.5 game right now which is the check that flags the consoles for ban)

I can confirm that my hitachi 59dj works with the new dash and fable 3,

if you ever want to check if you have been flagged download xval.

the program unscrambles the x value in your system info to check if you're console has been flagged or not.

Everyone else with the newer drives (benq liteon etc) has to wait for LT+ to play ap2.5 games.

also, not all new games have ap2.5 implemented, for example black ops came out after, is wave 6, and only needs to be patched with ssv2 files.

I assume when LT+ is out there will be ssv3 files that you'll have to patch the ap2.5 .isos with.

If you have a samsung or old hitachi drive you'll be fine with the new dash and new games

(fable 3 is the only confirmed ap2.5 game right now which is the check that flags the consoles for ban)

I can confirm that my hitachi 59dj works with the new dash and fable 3,

if you ever want to check if you have been flagged download xval.

the program unscrambles the x value in your system info to check if you're console has been flagged or not.

Everyone else with the newer drives (benq liteon etc) has to wait for LT+ to play ap2.5 games.

also, not all new games have ap2.5 implemented, for example black ops came out after, is wave 6, and only needs to be patched with ssv2 files.

I assume when LT+ is out there will be ssv3 files that you'll have to patch the ap2.5 .isos with.

And C4eva seems to believe that games could be updated to 2.5 with a title update. I will probably stay offline for a while just to see how things shake out. I haven't downloaded the new Dash even though it looks safe to do so.

I just really wanted to brag. I just finished every level in Super Meat Boy, now I'm 72 out of 85000 or so on the global leaderboards. WOOP.

That includes all the glitch levels and warp levels, and I have 100% but no achievement :( maybe I need to get all the bandages?

Picked up Splosion Man today for 160 pts, only because it is ridiculously cheap. There are some other really good deals if you guys wanna check it out. San Adreas is supposed to be on sale on the 360 for 400pts, but I can't find it - might only be in the US.

Is Turtles in Time Re-shelled any good? For 160pts?

I ended up getting Halo, San Andreas, and Mega Man 10. Playing the first Halo proves that that game series hasn't progressed at all. San Andreas is the most fun of all the GTA games, and Mega Man 10 is the hardest game of all time.

I was gonna get Greed Corp, but I don't want to pay for a game you can only play online again.

so my family got a free ps3 with a tv we just got. i was wondering if you guys have suggestions for good multiplayer games? it would probably be like my dad and me. i dont think wed like shooting games like call of duty and stuff.

also would like suggestions for single player games, like a good role playing game for a beginner. the only game i know i like is zelda on the ds.

i know its vague, but any suggestions would be great! im lost here.

i think little big planet is both single player and co op and it's pretty fun! you're like a little sock guy running around an obstacle filled world collecting objects that you can later use to create your own levels. some of the building materials can only be obtained with 2 people playing

heres a level that someone made (if you connect your ps3 to the internet, you can download other peoples levels or upload your own too)

thanks for the suggestions, guys! they look great. another question... i am really cheap. what is the best way to get these games for less money? theyre like 40-60 bucks in the store!