Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey

Random Thoughts: Video Games

450 posts in this topic

if you have a gamestop or an eb games nearby you can get used games for pretty cheap. Right now theyre doing a buy 2 get one free deal.

I got 3 games today for 37 bucks

beanz posted a website a while ago called gamestaq.com which is finally up and running, you can get decent deals on used games that are fairly newer on that site

Got a couple of awesome RPGs off of Steam today.

-The Last Remnant- Soooooo much better on the PC. I played it briefly on the 360, but it was terrible on that platform. Lots of fixes and loading problems have been resolved. The story itself isn't that great, but the combat/leveling system is one of the best that I've played in a long time. It's a bit bewildering at first, but once you get the hang of it, there is so much depth to the character customization and the combat is such a blast. It's a lot different than most games, in that you don't really control a single character in combat, each controllable unit is made up of multiple characters with very different abilities, so it's kinda like each "character" is basically made up of 3-4 different guys. It makes the battles a lot larger and more intense. If you are a fan of JRPGs, definitely check this game out, highly addictive once you figure the basics of the systems out.

-Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga - I'd recommend this to any fans of 3rd person action RPGs. This version from Steam has tons of bug fixes from the flawed original game. Combat is a lot better, tons of customization (lots of different armor looks, melee/range/magic specializations) and the combat is pretty good. The world itself is really beautiful, I got the graphics cranked up to the max level and it's glorious. Plus you get to change into a dragon and wreck some shit.

just bought some turtle beach x31 headphones. these shits are amazing, i can hear damn near everything while playing multiplayer.

Got those for Christmas last year, they rule so hard.

I'm playing through Uncharted right now, and it's...okay, but it's kind of boring. The second one must REALLY step it up to be on everyone's favorite games ever list.

Got those for Christmas last year, they rule so hard.

I'm playing through Uncharted right now, and it's...okay, but it's kind of boring. The second one must REALLY step it up to be on everyone's favorite games ever list.

It is a thousand times better than the first one. I struggled to finish the first one because I ended up getting kinda bored with it. But I have played through the second at least 3-4 times since its release. It's nothing revolutionary in it's design, but what it sets out to do, it does nearly perfectly. A great balance between combat/platforming, likable characters, a much improved story, combat mechanics are well done, great voice acting and music, and some incredible level designs. No spoilers, but when you get to the helicopter in the slums level, it will blow your mind.

A lot of people gripe about the endings of both games, but in my eyes, it just kinda steps up the craziness in the world (in a good way).

yeah, Uncharted 2 is leaps and bounds better than the first. found Uncharted 2 at Target on clearance for $20, yet to play through again but im sure i will when the 3rd one's release gets closer.

I just finished the first one, it wasn't bad but it was just okay. Was it just me or was it really fucking hard? I only played through on normal and still felt like I was dying way more than I should have. Wasn't expecting it to go all survival horror there at the end but it seemed kind of...I dunno, fitting.

Now I'm playing Heavy Rain, which I've wanted to play for ages. I loved Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit, even with it jumping the shark so damn bad at the end. This one, after like 2-3 hours, im wondering why with such amazing facial animations, they have such terrible voice actors, and why with so many innovations, they use tank controls. Story's great so far though.

After 4 1/2 years of abuse my OG Xbox 360 is done.

The disc drive finally gave out and won't read things properly anymore.

I would explain how terrible this console has been running for the past year+, but it's not worth your or my time.

I could probably have my friend fix it for like $60 but I really have had enough of it and want a brand new console.

The final straw for me happened today when I got a "Disc unreadable, please restart console" error when trying to load an arcade game off my hard drive. WTF?

I plan on destroying this biatch Office Space style. It's gonna pay.

I ordered 3 games i've been meaning to play but never got round the other day, on the cheap.

Tekken 6 - £11

Gears of war 2 - £5

Heavy Rain - £14

I cant believe I havent played tekken 6 yet to be honest. Even if it isnt as good as tekken 3 or tekken tag (which I actually loved..) im sure ill get a few hours of joy. Especially with my arcade stick I bought / modded for sf4!

Gears of war 2...cheap, so cheap. And Ive only played like an hour of the first, so I bought this. Mostly to complete on co-op with my mate.

Heavy Rain has always intrigued me. I hope its good.

ALSO I rented out Dead Rising 2. I dont know what I was expecting but it was more than what I got. How the fuck do you "get into" this game? Its terribly dull and repetitive. I dont feel like it matters what im hitting the zombies with, its all just mash x and blood splatters and they fall down.

And rented f1 2010. After playing a lot of forza 3 lately, cant really get into this as much. Even though I do love f1. Oh well.

END.

I hated the first one until I got the small axes, but I actually really ended up liking both of them a lot. I'm a sucker for zombies though.

I've played 20 hours of Final Fantasy 7 this week...I buy a ps3 and spend more time playing PSX games than PS3 games. I haven't touched my 360 in days

I just spent 30 minutes on tekken 6 trying to beat the arcade boss with paul. My first play on the game. And I've almost thrown it out the window! That boss is the cheapest piece of shit I've ever come across. Makes Seth on sf4 seem like a piece of piss. I think he was called Seth anyway.

Yeah, gave up.

Also I now own 27 games on xbox. And I only really play FIFA regularly. Should trade old ones in more often.

I just spent 30 minutes on tekken 6 trying to beat the arcade boss with paul. My first play on the game. And I've almost thrown it out the window! That boss is the cheapest piece of shit I've ever come across. Makes Seth on sf4 seem like a piece of piss. I think he was called Seth anyway.

Yeah, gave up.

Also I now own 27 games on xbox. And I only really play FIFA regularly. Should trade old ones in more often.

Until my Xbox died I was the same - it was just a FIFA-Box, nothing else. I miss it, though..

I was thinking about picking up a PS3 because I want to play Uncharted 2 as well. (i've played it about 1/4 of the way through at my bro's)

Yeah, gave up.

Until my Xbox died I was the same - it was just a FIFA-Box, nothing else. I miss it, though..

I was thinking about picking up a PS3 because I want to play Uncharted 2 as well. (i've played it about 1/4 of the way through at my bro's)

OK, I give up on tekken 6,

WHY DID THEY MESS WITH TEKKEN SO MUCH!?

The arcade mode is null and void. Theres no point in doing it. I dont think you unlock characters and you dont get any stupid videos which used to make it all worth it.

The scenario mode is a giant bag of shit that I cant be fucked to even bother with.

I find this all very perplexing. The formula was simple, beat the game with different characters and unlock new ones along with unfolding the overall "story". Thats all I want from a tekken game.

Also bring back tekken ball mode. I preferred that to this scenario mode shit.

After 4 1/2 years of abuse my OG Xbox 360 is done.

The disc drive finally gave out and won't read things properly anymore.

I would explain how terrible this console has been running for the past year+, but it's not worth your or my time.

I could probably have my friend fix it for like $60 but I really have had enough of it and want a brand new console.

The final straw for me happened today when I got a "Disc unreadable, please restart console" error when trying to load an arcade game off my hard drive. WTF?

I plan on destroying this biatch Office Space style. It's gonna pay.

Buy an arcade and save the harddrive?

And rented f1 2010. After playing a lot of forza 3 lately, cant really get into this as much. Even though I do love f1. Oh well.

END.

I got F1 2010 and a steering wheel for Hanukkah and Christmas (lol religious diversity in my family). If I had any less willpower than I do now (which isn't much), I'd fail out of school. That combination is so much fun! My Mad Catz wheel is really nice, but I kind of wish Microsoft still made their wheel with force feedback. Oh well, I'm still ridiculously happy with the MC wheel.

Yeah, I've got the official wheel with force feedback. And a ridiculously good stand for it. It's epic with forza. I haven't really given the f1 game enough time. Maybe after work I'll hit it up again!