Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey

Random Thoughts: Video Games

450 posts in this topic

Buy an arcade and save the harddrive?

I bought a new Xbox 360 Slim. I love it.

Right now I'm keeping the harddrive, but it's basically worthless now that I've transferred all the important files from it.

That, plus it's only a 20GB (How I've played it since launch and somehow got all my important saves on the ~3GB internal flash memory of the new Xbox 360 is mind boggling)

I was going to go the cheapest route aka buy an arcade but my harddrive was part of the problem I think.

My friend hacked it a few years back and it's had various problems since then.

It wasn't just the harddrive though, my old system was totally screwed - it definitely needed a replacement disc drive at the very least, and there were a ton of firmware problems going on.

My same friend fixed my RRoD about a year ago, and when he opened my case he said it was by far the worst looking Xbox he'd ever seen.

There were massive burn marks on the heat sinked inner case, which is basically impossible for having worked as long as it did.

I've probably wasted over 24 hours of my life getting games to load or waiting for menus to load with that POS.

I'll stop rambling, but the point is, I wanted to start with a brand spanking new Xbox 360, and that's what I did.

^id buy that simply for Kingdom Hearts, i would kill for them to release that on PS3.

Just started playing Mass Effect again, started it a long time ago and finished the Citadel all the way through but got bored with it because i was doing EVERY side mission on the planet before i left. Decided to just do a playthrough of just the main story mode this time.

just finished Mass Effect. Holy craziness!! this game is super addicting, never thought i would enjoy it this much. cant wait to play the second one now.

just finished Mass Effect. Holy craziness!! this game is super addicting, never thought i would enjoy it this much. cant wait to play the second one now.

My bro loves this game... I guess it's wicked how decisions you make in 1 carry over into #2 if you choose to continue your save.

Lol. I've been checking in on WOS, about time Blizzard hit them with the hammer. It's common knowledge on battle.net customs that Blizzard/Activision will take issue with anything named after Starcraft or WoW. This isn't a shut down of development, they just gotta use another name. EDIT: People nerds be over reacting.

How are activision and blizzard related? Does one own the other? If so, I never knew that.

It looks like there was a merger back in the summer of 2008 between Vivendi (which owns Blizzard and Sierra) and Activision, and Activision/Blizzard are both under this umbrella now.

More information here.

I'm glad you asked this...motivated me to figure out the whole story! :rolleyes:

Had a 5 hour session on my Corinthians career on FIFA11 with my mate last night. I play ALOT of fifa but never had a 5hr stint like that...we didnt even move off the sofa. Just battered it.

So good. I do love fifa too much.

Did anyone else download the Crysis 2 demo?

I think it has some real potential.

Gonna try this out right now! Thanks for the heads up :)

It plays a little clumsy, but I'm pretty sure it's because of networking problems.

It feels like a fancy Call Of Duty / Halo: Reach hybrid.

If they can resolve bad connection times before launch, I'll buy it.

Hoby2000 got me to playing RIFT beta last night. Played for 8 and a half hours straight. Sucks I have to wait till next weekend to play more. Also sucks I prob won't get this when it's released as I hate monthly subs. Serious WoW killer though.

I don't know how the previous beta runs were but the 5th was pretty good. Story is interesting and the basics follow all the ground work WoW layed out while adding some new elements. The rifts themselves are pretty cool. Basically lets everyone work together on something without having level requirements or having to get organized. Breaks up the monotony. Graphics are sweet, game play is super smooth. I didn't get high enough level to run the first instance but I'm one away so we'll see how that is next weekend.

It's a lot like WoW. But different? Maybe just cause it's newer and way up to date.

I dunno, it's just that if it's trying to be a 'WoW killer' or whatever directly ripping it off and just updating it wont do much to draw people in I reckon

I think DCUO's combat may have spoiled me for any future MMO's