Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AC Slater

Saosin is getting back together (sort of)

36 posts in this topic

ย 

You crazy.ย 

Anyone else listen to the new album yet? I don't think I can form a full opinion on it, but it's alright at least, however the intro to "Second Guesses" is practically a blatant ripoff of the intro to Thrice's "Anthology".

Anyone else listen to the new album yet? I don't think I can form a full opinion on it, but it's alright at least, however the intro to "Second Guesses" is practically a blatant ripoff of the intro to Thrice's "Anthology".

I posted "Second Guesses" in the Thrice thread last week as a joke that Anthony is now also fronting Thriceย because of the same observation... It sounds like "Anthology" & "The Melting Point of Wax" had a bebe and is a definite outlier on the album. ย Not a SAOSINย sound at all and sure why anyone would want to imitate "Anthology" anyway.

I've listened to it 7ย times through & some repeats.ย  The album is good to very good, but not crazy great. ย 

I listened for a few songs and turned it off. Didn't feel very dynamic to me, everything blended together and I got bored. Maybe I need to revisit it, might not have been in the right mood

I listened for a few songs and turned it off. Didn't feel very dynamic to me, everything blended together and I got bored. Maybe I need to revisit it, might not have been in the right mood

Listening to most of my music while working often means I'm not paying attention most of the time, so I might be way off. It's by no means a complex and amazing album. It's better than anything they made with Cove.

Revisiting this... I saw an interview with Chris where he noted that "Second Guesses" was one of his songs and that it's really old. ย He may have written it before Major/Minor was released.

Revisiting this... I saw an interview with Chris where he noted that "Second Guesses" was one of his songs and that it's really old. ย He may have written it before Major/Minor was released.

Which is fine, but this album wasย released in a world whereย Major/Minorย existed 5 years prior.ย 

Yet also released into a world where it is better than Major/Minor.