Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassidy

Watch Dogs

4 posts in this topic

Is anybody planning on getting this when it comes out this week?

I heard good things.

...also...

is it by the makers of SLEEPING DOGS ?

that was an awesome game and, I suck at video games, so I can say it was one of the games that I could actually play/beat without my brother's help.

This game looks really cool, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get it immediately until I read some reviews.  I heard that the leaked PC version is pretty fucking horrible at the moment, but that might change if the developers release a day-1 optimization patch. 

I have a PS3, so if that version is solid, I might go that route; but I'd much prefer a good PC version. 

I heard that they only showed the cool ass hacking stuff and failed to mention a mediocre story and the shooting that I guess the majority of the game involves. They made it seem like your main weapon was hacking shit. Your main weapon is actually guns. Go figure. A video game with guns.

EDIT: 

No, Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs aren't related. Sleeping Dogs was fun, though. 

Edited by Random Encounter

So, gaming previews led me astray here. The story isn't mediocre and is actually interesting and the gunplay is almost always an option. Hacking is a lot of fun. You can jump to different surveillance cameras and then kill enemies using environmental hazards such as hacking an electrical box to explode and kill someone. The driving, however, is the best. There are a bunch of car chases and the hacking allows you to change traffic lights, explode steam pipes below the road, etc. to stop cars your chasing or destroying cop cars that are trying to run you off the road. I don't know if I'd buy this game but I couldn't recommend seeing if your local redbox has it.