Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random Encounter

Steam SUMMER SALE 2014

22 posts in this topic

Let's list some games we're thinking of getting/have already bought. Maybe some day we can all play some sweet game together. The only game I want is Planetary Annihilation which is Early Access but involves planet-wide battles and space battles going on at the same time and it looks quite fun. I'm playing a bunch of Dota 2 so I can sell some stuff I win and make more $$$$$$. But yea, what are you guys looking to buy?

Watchdogs - I'll pick this up if it goes on sale, not sure if it will since it's so new.

Wolfenstein - Same as Watchdogs, I don't wanna pay $60 for it, so I'll wait and see

Strike Vector - Looks like a cool aerial multiplayer FPS, I heard good things and will pick it up when it goes on sale.

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics - I completely missed when GOG gave it away for free apparently, but I love those games and will play them again if they go on sale

Other than that, I'm not too sure.  Something always pops up on the daily deal or flash sale that I pick up randomly if it's a low price. 

I just got Hotline Miami for that reason and considering getting the new Devil May Cry game.

^ You made me remember I got all those Fallout game on GOG!!!  Shit, I was thinking about buying them on Steam right now.

Pick up DmC...good game!

I had to buy some cards to craft a badge so I could hit level 5.  lol

Hmmm...here are some games I'll keep an eye on.

South Park - This will have to be close to $20 bucks before I buy it.  Good game.

Sir, You are Being Hunted - This is 50% off right now.  Might purchase it

Kentucky Route Zero - This is 30% off right now.  Will probably wait

Glitchspace - Looks interesting and is only about $4 bucks right now

Rust

Dark Souls 2

Wolfenstein - Everyone seems to really enjoy this!

Payday 2 - Seemed kinda fun on the 360 

I'll probably buy Year Walk before the end.  Patrick "Scoops" Klepek seemed to dig it.

Scoops likes a lot of horror and those types of games don't interest me.

Definitely get Rust!

Hotline Miami was a lot of fun. Played it a couple of times.

I'm going to look into Strike Vector.

I actually hate horror games.  You couldn't pay me to play a game like Amnesia.  I heard Year Walk only has a scare or two but the game's story is supposed to be cool.

I picked up Payday 2 early this morning.  The game won the community vote and was 80% off.  Unfortunately, in my drunken state, I didn't know there was a slight delay between the announcement of the winner and the actual sale so I paid like $3 dollars extra.

I played it a bit on the 360 with a friend.  Seemed like fun...eh...I'll probably never play it.

Amazon has Age of Empire + Expansion for $2.50 right now.  $5 bucks cheaper than Steam.  Apparently, it says you need the base game but it is already included.  Could be a price mistake.

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empires-II%C2%A0-HD-Forgotten/dp/B00GU043AW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1403398270&sr=1-1&keywords=Age+of+Empires+II+HD%3A+The+Forgotten

The Elder Scrolls Anthology is on sale at Amazon for $20 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9I1FPI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=d47495ea54c44d50a29a96a43bad7cd3&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Arena: The Anthology features the original version of Arena and will launch within a DOS emulator.
  • Daggerfall: The ancient golem Numidium, a powerful weapon once used to unify Tamriel has once again been unearthed. The Anthology features the original version of Daggerfall and will launch within a DOS emulator.
  • Morrowind: To fulfill an ancient prophecy, the Emperor sends you, to the island of Vvardenfell to rid the land of Morrowind of a dark curse. Also includes: Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons, plus The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.
  • Oblivion: With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. In the shadow of evil, a hero will rise from the ashes of a fallen Empire. Also includes: Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions.
  • Skyrim: Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. Also includes: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons.

Any of you guys play The Secret World?  I thought someone on here use to play it.

It's on sale now for 60% off, I heard mixed things when it initially came out, but I know MMOs change as they progress.  Anyone have any experience with it?  The setting sounds pretty cool, I've been on a Lovecraft kick lately with the books I've been reading, so that might be fun.

Man, I got home from work and started looking at Secret World.  I only had 2 minutes to check it out but didn't pull the trigger.  I had it in my cart and got all the way to the payment screen but stopped myself.  I might grab it if it pops up again.

You made the right call. I LOVED that game when it first came out, I got about 100+ hours into it, got to end game....and then it just fell the fuck apart. It boasts having no class system so you can play however you want, but if you're not built a certain way by the end of the game, good luck ever finding anyone that will let you run the dungeons with them. That being said, the community is dead too, I still install it occasionally to check out the new stuff, but I'd say you made the right call.

edit: You know, that being said, getting to end game was a blast. Amazing quest system and setting, investigation quests were an awesome idea, and the story is actually pretty good too. If you do decide to get it later in the sale, let me know and I'll play with you.

Edited by Robot Zombies

I bought King Arthur's Gold. It's a 2d sprite game similar to (but simpler than) Terraria except it's competitive multiplayer where you choose between knight (slash slash) archer (pew pew) and builder who builds fortifications and traps for when the other team tries to break into your castle. Pretty simple to understand and a lot of fun. 

Someone from here asked me about The Secret World on steam last week. Apparently I forgot to exit out of the log-in screen so it showed me played for like 20 hours, when actually I've barely played. Next week I should have a lot of free time if whoever that was wants to show me the ropes.

As for the sale, I picked up A Machine for Pigs, Vampire: The Masquerade and Assassins Creed Black Flag so far. I've heard good things about Don't Starve, so I'll get that if it goes on sale again. The Forest looks interesting too. 

Well, I lost all restraint in this particular sale.  Last year I didn't spend so much, but now at least I have a sweet backlog of stuff to play for the next 6-8 months, haha.  Here's what I got:

- Divinity: Original Sin

- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

- Bound by Flame

- Fallout 1 and 2

- Hotline Miami

- Metal Gear Rising

- Painkiller

- The Secret World

- Strike Vector

- X Rebirth

I'm most looking forward to Divinity:Original Sin (it's still beta until the full release on Monday), it's the modern take on the classic RPG game like Baulder's Gate or Fallout 2.  If any of you guys liked those games, definitely check out some videos of it on youtube, it's gonna be fucking sweet.  Heres a quick one:

And we still have 3 or 4 more days of the sale, right?  Shit, I'll probably end up with more games. 

I never played Balder's Gate and I tried to play Fallout but it felt too old. However, I know Balder's got re-released so I might check it out because that trailer you put up piqued my interest.

Baulder's Gate still feels pretty dated, be warned.  Not as bad as Fallout 1 or 2, but it's still has some very old visuals and mechanics.  I got the Balders Gate Enhanced Edition a while ago, it does play better, but still pretty clunky. 

Divinity: Original Sin might go back on sale again before the end, it was one of the flash sales the first or second day I think.  I think a lot of people missed it or overlooked it because it's still in beta right now, but the final release is in 3 days.  Not sure if you played the new X-Com games, but the combat in Divinity is a lot like that, just a lot more RPGish than strategy. 

I've been playing it a little bit just to try it out, although I'm only testing some different classes now, they are going to wipe the saves before Monday on the release and goddamn, every class is so cool and useful.  What's really cool is you can completely design the 2 main characters at the start, class, visuals, ect.  Lots of different options to go with.  It will also be fun to do some co-op as well.

It's in the community vote so we'll see but you're selling me, ya bastahd.

Edit: So I may or may not have DLed a suspect copy of the beta build and I like it a lot so we'll see about it on Monday/ if it gets discounted.

Edited by Random Encounter

My purchases this sale:

Don't Starve + Reign of Giants
Jazzpunk
Blackwell Trilogy
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Metro: Last Light
They Bleed Pixels

World of Goo

I think that's it

I bought 

Chivalry

Planetary Annihilation 

Grim Dawn

King Arthur's Gold

Went indie this year. Grim Dawn is Early Access but has A LOT of potential IMO. By the makers of the old Titan Quest it's nearly half done and the first half has very little bugs and is already quite robust. Good stuff. 

Planetary is a lot of fun but the multiplayer is FAR from optimized. I hosted a game with two people and the game opened about 10 processes that took up 97% of my memory. I did play one multiplayer game, though, and drove a moon into my enemy. A MOON! A lot of fun.