https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roB4hRdLlas

protomartyr - under color of official right

remind me of the national if they exclusively drank whiskey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vUPp-Ffho

perfect pussy - say yes to love

i'm a sucker for any female fronted punk bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqucurzyt84

swans - to be kind

easily my favorite album in a few years. fucking masterful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jSdTBGhDSg

i cannot waitttttttttttttttttttttttttt to see damien rice in april, he is INSANE live... he rocks the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk out, 100x harder than you would ever expect.

me too! i could only snag one ticket in the B section and got 2 more in C section... thinking about selling those and just going solo to use the nicer seat

Its that wonderful time of the year, where everyone's releasing their Best Of Lists...

The A.V. Club - 20 Best Albums (I love their scoring system the most)

http://www.avclub.com/article/20-best-albums-2014-212282

Stereogum - 50 Best Albums

http://www.stereogum.com/1721100/the-50-best-albums-of-2014/list/

I am pretty sure Run the Jewels 2 will be my favorite, but before I go off and say that this is the worst year in music in years (because I don't know half of the Best albums, and the other half seem to be chick singers I don't care about like St. Vincent and Sharon Von Etten), I'll have to do some investigating. I especially need to see what The War on Drugs and Sun Kil Moon hype is all about.

^St Vincent is really avant garde. I think she's talented...but generally unlistenable based on what I saw on Letterman/SNL this year (syncronized robot-esque playing). The music was just really bad.

Play the link 'Digital Witness' song: it's unlistenable as a song that you would ever go back to: ignore how weird the video is and how purposely artsy/weird she is when she plays live.

Like I said, it's avant garde, so it's not going to be for everyone.

I still don't get the lack of Gaslight Anthem love: they might have not made something as good since 'the 59 Sound' or the side project Horrible Crowes' album. I think they gave it some love in 2008 for 'the 59 Sound' as one of the better songs, 'Diamond Church Street Choir' as one of the best songs of 2010, but no love since.

....but Against Me! opened for them and is getting love for one of the best albums of 2014 here and there: and Gaslight was/is the better band...I love Against Me! but part of the love for that album is Laura Jane becoming a woman. It's awesome that it got the press, but a LOT of the love for any of the 'almost mainstream' music of bands like Against Me!, Gaslight, etc, etc, always gets ignored for more alternative picks. It's bullshit.

I'm biased with the Gaslight love...but nowhere in any Top 50 list has it been on it for awhile. Really? Not one of the Top 50 albums or one of the top 100 fucking songs? Go fuck yourself.

I LOVE that Rolling Stone had U2 with the #1 album and Bruce Springsteen with #3 (that Springsteen album was basically mostly covers and re-hashed versions of old songs: it wasn't really a new album)

Their music critic is a joke: if you look at the ratings they give, the '5 stars' ALWAYS goes to albums by legends who peaked 30+ years ago (Robert Plant; Springsteen; U2). Without fail, it happens. Everything else is given '3 stars' . It's funny to watch/predict that...but giving U2 the #1 album of the year choice is just a trolling 'fuck you'

^ lol the Gaslight Anthem album isn't on any Best Of lists because its not that good at all. And if I listen to the title track one more time, I might shoot myself, its so corny (and I originally liked it alot too).

and yes, lol at Rolling Stone's list.

Oh and here is Spin's top 101 songs list. Its not bad. I like that they actually threw alot of metal on there. But fuck that Future Islands band, that singer sucks. In fact, that's my problem with most of these bands: these indie singers these days have super limited range or just a gimmick, and it gets old. 

http://www.spin.com/articles/101-best-songs-2014/

Sucks that no one is giving The Antlers that much love. And on the metal side of things, I think Every Time I Die released their best album since Hot Damn, but I haven't seen too much acclaim.

I just realized I didn't really listen to a bunch of albums in general this year, even if I did find a shitload of new artists that I like. I just kept downloading those packed birp.fm playlists or whatever was on hypem.com and they're more single oriented websites. So yeah, that's probably why you can't really take my musical opinion for much these days. I guess I'm the one whose killing the the concept of  "albums", my bad.

I've been trying to get into albums I've read on best-of lists, but I'm not finding that much that I like this year.

I don't think Run the Jewels 2 is that good. I think El-P is an average lyricist and I like his beats from the first RtJ better. Maybe my opinion will change after a few more listens, but I'm surprised to see that album getting so much love. The only other straight-up hip hop album I listened to from this year was the Vince Staples EP, which is good but gets old after just a few listens.

A lot of ambient/noise/minimalish production-minded albums this year.

I'm officially in the state where I don't care about albums.  It's sad, but I will download one or two songs from an artist and move on.  I don't have the patience to listen to a whole album, and there are no bands left that I'm a "fanboy" of.

There's some really great songs on the album if you skip the leas track and rhat. I love the Foo Fighters as personalities, awesome dudes, a great live show, and champions of music: but they haven't put out good music in a decade. Gaslight simply are one of the best rock bands out there...I don't think their newest album loved up to the hype, but far too often 'best of' lists goes to bands who are given it because of who they are and what th ey did a decade to 3 decades ago....and then some really obscure bands here and there. I'm not sayin it's a top 5 record but to not be in the top 50? Or even mention of a best song? On any list? Horrible Crowes' Elsie is a really original and different record. I just think they're being ignored despite being onstage with Jakob Dylan, Eddie Vedder, Sharon Jones, Hold Steady, Bruce Springsteen, etc. Feels like if any band did thay, they'd be christened as a band that really made it. But rock is kind of dead as a genre that is recognized really the way it should be.

I'm officially in the state where I don't care about albums. It's sad, but I will download one or two songs from an artist and move on. I don't have the patience to listen to a whole album, and there are no bands left that I'm a "fanboy" of.

I get that in a way. I usually buy am album always, but it takes me a long ass time to get past the first couple of tracks. I figure it's like that from most people though.

AV Club's best of 2014

http://www.avclub.com/article/best-music-2014-ballots-212304

took awhile but Gaslight Anthem finally made 1 of the 1000 writers lists on AV Club...as a 'disappointment' (alongside Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Future Islands, etc)

Seriously, how many fucking lists have some band that has opened for Gaslight this year (Deer Tick; Against Me!) but doesn't even have them as a mention, honorable or otherwise. WTF they listen to just ends up being really obscure...and some bands I've seen that I REALLY don't like that I feel are way beneath Gaslight and in a similar, ignored genre.

It's a MINOR disappointment for me in that I was expecting them to change the sound up more than they did (as they hyped), maybe the album would be more cohesive.

But there's some genuinely great songs ('1000 Years'; 'Selected Poems'; 'Break Your Heart'; 'Dark Places' and the b-side 'Have Mercy'). Wasn't the breakout album I was hoping for, but I knew I'd take it over just about everything else for me.

AV Club gave Gaslight SOME degree of love in 2008 and 2010, but not nearly enough

-American Slang' was #10 on 1 person's list....that's ridiculous

-was #13 on a combined list in 2008 for 59 SOUND (that album could suck anybody in with all the overt references)

I can understand why Thrice never made it to be as big as I expected them to, but I'll never really understand why Gaslight didn't. They play the festivals with all these bands, right? Thrice playing Coachella was weird. Thing is, if/when Thrice comes back, I think they CAN play these festivals and do REALLY well. I was just pissed off that Thrice, at the end, was getting ignored by EVERY publication except for Alternative Press. They were doing some great work and Major/Minor was great ('Anthology'; 'Words in the Water' were some of their best songs).

But I kind of stopped caring about EVERYBODY liking what I like...except for in instances where it's just so ignored. It's not loved or hated...it's just not mentioned. WTF? That's where it feels like Gaslight is right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find myself listening to things less and less and getting to things REALLY late.

I mainly just listen to podcasts...and now audiobooks.

Back in the day and earlier on in the boards, I would have bought every new record and devoured it...not anymore. I might buy the records still, but I'm just not getting around to them. Like Fellside, I might listen to a song here and there. Difference is, I buy the records.

Gaslight Anthem became my substitute for Thrice in late 2008 (Thrice kind of peaked as a band from an excitement standpoint since they became a part-time band mainly because of Dustin). I thought I was getting too old to become a fanboy.

FAVORITES

Gaslight Anthem-GET HURT
Lawrence Arms-METROPOLE

Every Time I Die-FROM PARTS UNKNOWN

Molly and the Zombies (Brian of Gaslight's side project w/ a membr of Ryan Adams' band)

LISTENED TO SOME AND ENJOYED...

Against Me!; Menzingers; Taylor Swift

STILL NEED TO LISTEN TO...

Black Keys; Bright Eyes; Cold War Kids; Damien Rice; Delta Spirit; Lykke Li; Manchester Orchestra; Tom Petty; War on Drugs

WAITING FOR...
-Kendrick Lamar

SONGS I ENJOYED...
-Kendrick Lamar-'i'

-Echosmith-'Cool Kids'

-Taylor Swift-'Bad Blood'

-Manchester Orchestra-'Every Stone'

-Menzingers-'I Don't Wanna be an asshole anymore'

Tried but couldn't (couple listens here and there)

-Bleachers

I get the appeal...but couldn't

-Modern Baseball

lot of people who I know dig Gaslight digged this. 

LIVE SHOWS...

BEST
-Gaslight Anthem @ House of Blues (played a REALLY short set in Government Center opening for Mighty Mighty Bosstones)...the pre-show was great. The 2 shows I saw them in late 2013 were still the best (co-headliner for Saturday night before Vampire Weekend-stole the show with little fanfare-I could walk right up to the front before Gaslight: you can barely walk around Boston Calling).

-Tegan & Sara @ Boston Calling -real fun, catchy. Hadn't seen them since 2006ish

-Manchester Orchestra @ House of Blues -super heavy

JUST OK...

-Against Me! @ House of Blues (opened for Gaslight Anthem; they killed when I saw them in 2007 opening for Mastodon; lost a couple members and that hurts)

SURPRISINGLY GOOD...

-Bastille @ Boston Calling (was ready to hate them...and...nope. Legit and fun)

MEH LIVE...
-Brand New @ Boston Calling (played only stuff off their first 2 albums...didn't bother playing 'Quiet Things'; felt like kind of an 'eff you' set...Brand New is a REALLY fucking heavy band and weird seeing them get a near headlining spot playing @ night. Lots of young fans in their 20s that love them. I can't see why Thrice couldn't do the same thing. They're a better band that can do more, makes better music even now, and is more accessible...except Dustin ain't a hearthrob like Jesse Lacey. I don't get it though)

WORST LIVE...

-Balance & Composure @ House of Blues (opened for Manchester Orchestra)-wasn't good except for 1 song. Disappointing since they were a band I listened to at the gym.

-Modest Mouse @ Boston Calling (I got bored. Vampire Weekend was awful the year before as the headliner and that's kind of how I felt about Modest Mouse)

Late Pass from Previous years

-the 1975-s/t

-Cold War Kids-'Dear Miss Lonelyhearts'

Hooked on from 2013 still the most

-Wonder Years-Greatest Generation;

-Arctic Monkeys-AM

Worst bands I saw on SNL

-Hozier

-St Vincent

Maroon 5 would be on here, but I already knew they sucked

Best Music I Saw on SNL

-Kendrick Lamar

-Sam Smith (got big instantly here in the states after that...I still dig that song even though it's overplayed as shit probably. He's the male Adele)

my brother's favorite album

-Eric Church

Weird to see a guy he has loved for 5 years now crossover to be this big...and even on people's top lists (Entertainment Weekly; Rolling Stone) for a country artist. I don't think I'll ever listen to it though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably have to do a different thread for best stand-up comedy. There's some good ones and I saw a couple...

-Patton Oswalt/Myq Kaplan

-Mike Birbiglia 2x (his new special that hasn't been released is amazing and his best material easily)

-Comics Come Home (Bill Burr; Robert Kelly; Jimmy Fallon; Marc Maron; Jim Gaffigan; Denis Leary, Lenny Clarke, etc)-Robert Kelly stole the damn show

Best specials...

-Bill Burr

-Patton Oswalt

listened to but forgot...

-Hannibal Burress

he unintentionally had one of the bigger moments in outing Cosby and how that exploded. Chris Rock has said he's broken up about it, in a way, and didn't expect it. He's taking grief for it.

http://www.adamriff.com/2014/12/07/adam-riff-clip-of-the-week-175/

-Jim Norton

Still need to get arond to

-Jim Gaffigan

-Longmont Potion Castle

-Joe DeRosa

-Nick Youseff

-Jerrod Carmichael

Best Podcasts

1) the Dollop 

'the Rube' is the funniest hour of podcast all year. The 'Purity Ball' is excellent. Dave Anthony (one of Patton Oswalt/Brian Posehn's best friends and started out) might never be big, but he's an amazing talent.

2) Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast

just him ranting. I have his tastes in things (sports) that I get that might not appeal to everybody. ..I still think Burr's podcast could be better with ANOTHER person and that shows when he has a guest.

3) TOFOP/FOFOP with Wil Anderson

mainly listen to the ones with Dave Anthony. It's a great substitute for Walking the Room. You also get to see how Dave's personality on Walking the Room is definitely a bit of an act because, while he's a grump, he's a LOT more relaxed here. Greg/Dave sounded like they were going to kill each other and how they would make fun of each other. Isn't the same, but it's enjoyable and still offers 2 guys with great chemistry.

Wil is an Australian comic who is so goddamn fucking funny.

4) Walking the Room (2010-2014)

it ended out of nowhere and really weirdly: like 4 months later it was just abruptly announced. Lame. But I re-listened to episodes 100-200 and the first 20 episode: this is, in my opinion, the best/funniest podcast I've ever listened to. It's got my comedy tastes/sensibilities to a tee and it's startling to hear/find that. It's magic. I am jealous of ANYBODY who goes back to it the first time. I doubt anyone will though, but it's unreal and a lot of the funniest things I've ever heard have been from that podcast.

5) Serial

6) BS Report

^of the above, I'll listen to NEARLY every one, but I skip a lot of BS Report.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes

a more fun/loose version of Marc Maron without the ranty stuff from Maron in the beginning. I sometimes tend to avoid that

8) WTF w/ Marc Maron

pretty much the big one.

Key episodes this year: Robin Williams (old but good); Mike Myers; Ms Pat

9) Joe Rogan Experience

I like the LONG podcasts/conversations. Rogan can get distracted with some educational stuff and it goes down places that is DEFINITELY not an interview but just a conversation. I think I could listen to this one more.

10) Short Corner w/ Paul Shirley & Justin Halpern

basketball podcast. Halpern is REALLY funny. Riley of Thrice guested on 2. I'd seek the newer one out. Justin says some REALLY funny shit that has nothing to do with the NBA.

Don't listen to enough...

*FilmDrunk Frostcast-funny; but they have too many people and it lessens it for me. They sometimes beat shit into the ground

*Sklarbro Country-brilliant with what I listened to and considered the best comedy podcast

I went back on a LOT of these and listened to any of the key guests they had I would zero in on (Mike Birbiglia; Bill Burr; Pete Holmes; Patton Oswalt, Chris Rock, etc)

others...

-Champs (Neal Brennan/Moshe Kasher)

-Brian Koppelman's (Grantland)

-Rembert Browne's (Grantland)-this could be a favorite

-Chris Ryan/Andy Greenwald (Grantland)-not much

-Opie & Anthony Show Podcast -really only for the best of stuff they compile

-Never not Funny -only for guys I like

Best Podcast episodes...

-Juan Epstein (Chris Rock/Questlove)

I listen to an ungodly amount of podcasts.

^ lol the Gaslight Anthem album isn't on any Best Of lists because its not that good at all. And if I listen to the title track one more time, I might shoot myself, its so corny (and I originally liked it alot too).

AV Club had one person pick Gaslight Anthem for favorite song in 'Get Hurt' despite having no mention whatsoever from anybody for best song/album or anything really

http://www.avclub.com/article/whats-your-favorite-song-2014-212458

and from somebody who listens to the radio somehow still?

I think 'Get Hurt' is a real solid song and parts of it DO get me with some high points on the album..but I always go to other songs on the album. 'Get Hurt' is basically 'Here Comes My Man', in a way, with the radio rock-ready song. I think that's part of the hate Gaslight gets is how 'corny' some things can be...but it never bothered me because Brian clearly means what he sings. A lot of big songs are corny but it doesn't matter if it's done right...with that said, 'Get Hurt' is a REALLY shitty music video. Gaslight has bad music videos even if Elisha Cuthbert is in one ('Here Comes My Man')

Edited by Cassidy

Ok, there was no way I was going to read that ENTIRE post, but...

Gaslight is not that good. I say it like that because I don't like them at all, but everyone has different taste. But even listening to them objectively, and as someone who loves old Against Me! and Lawrence Arms, I think they're boring. There is really nothing interesting or unique in their sound so while there are definitely worse bands out there, I would be shocked to see them make a bunch of 'best of' lists. Just my opinion.

If you like them, check out "The Draft" it was the side project of, I think, most of Hot Water Music. They only put out one (or two) albums but I remember really liking the first one - similar sound.

Also, surprised you watch SNL, list performances, and don't list Prince. You don't even need to be a fan of him... if you saw his performance, you would have been sold.

Ok, there was no way I was going to read that ENTIRE post, but...

Gaslight is not that good. I say it like that because I don't like them at all, but everyone has different taste. But even listening to them objectively, and as someone who loves old Against Me! and Lawrence Arms, I think they're boring. There is really nothing interesting or unique in their sound so while there are definitely worse bands out there, I would be shocked to see them make a bunch of 'best of' lists. Just my opinion.

If you like them, check out "The Draft" it was the side project of, I think, most of Hot Water Music. They only put out one (or two) albums but I remember really liking the first one - similar sound.

Also, surprised you watch SNL, list performances, and don't list Prince. You don't even need to be a fan of him... if you saw his performance, you would have been sold.

Gaslight's my favorite band and I think they are doing the 'rock' thing better than anybody.

THE 59 SOUND>'Elsie'>American Slang>Sink or Swim>Get Hurt>Handwritten 

inevitably, I think most rock bands have their best records earlier from what you heard first. But I love everything they've done.

I also think Hip-Hop is today's 'rock' and you're not going to find the most original shit since it's mostly been done...and that's where they get ignored more than they should. So it's not going to be as big as it should be. 

I love Against Me! and Lawrence Arms though (new and old)...but Gaslight's just been better and I think they're going to release more notable shit, have a confident/charismatic/likable frontman (sadly the rest of the bandmates are generally mutes).

Brendan Kelly of the Lawrence Arms is AWESOME on twitter....one of my favorite bands, but kind of gritty in a way that can't crossover to be bigger like I know Gaslight can.

Tom Gabel/Laura Jane has always been outspoken socially/politically...and then had a Rolling Stone piece on being transgender and slowly becoming a woman. They've ALWAYS been a great live band...but it hasn't been much the same since they lost 2 members. Hate when bands lose multiple members.

Gaslight have a TON of songs that they can play that are hits: '45' is played during sporting events.

'Howl' was easily the best song off of HANDWRITTEN...sadly, that song's chorus is playing on holiday car commercials.

'1000 Years'

Rolling Stone singled out 'Diamond Church Street Choir' in 2010: 'Bring It On' was the best song on that album. I think Mixhail only liked 'Orphans' off that album. 

Hurricane Sandy happened and someone made this video w/ Gaslight

should have been bigger....and it's not representative of how fun they are since this is basically a solo-ish acoustic song.

My big point is this: even if they did NOT make one of the better albums (I'd agree), they at least should get recognized for best songs...I've seen lesser artists get recognized.

In the past couple years, they made some of the best albums and songs...and didn't get recognized.

I couldn't get into the Draft that much when I first listened to it...love Hot Water Music though

SNL

I'm not the biggest fan of Prince.

I never was a person who would seek out PURPLE RAIN...but his Super Bowl halftime show a couple years back was killer and as good as it gets.

SNL also broke their format and, instead of giving him 2 different performances, they just let him rip for 10 minutes w/ mulitple songs: I wish they'd let more artists do that. Jay-Z did a medley of a performance, I believe. That worked.

sometimes, bands/artists DO break out after getting on SNL.

It was inevitable for Sam Smith, but he said he felt it instantly that things would change...he was big in England but NOT here.

so it's a good place to hear new artists.

I think it's INCREDIBLY lame that some artists come on SNL despite not even having a single damn album come out yet.

...and then there's an American band like Gaslight, from across the bridge, who has yet to played there, are albums deep, and have been on stage WITH Bruce, Eddie Vedder, etc, etc.

SNL's music selections suck and they don't take many chances.

Here's a list of some artists who got on SNL with no real material and weren't totally popular...

-Lana Del Rey (had a memorably bad performance)

-Ashlee SImpson

-Hozier (had the 'Take Me to Church' song that's huge...but he sucked)

-Ting Tings

-Karmin

It's undeserving.

and that's before you get to more 1-hit wonderish people like the Lumineers, Alabama Shakes, Haim, Imagine Dragons, Foster the People, Gotye, Ke$ha, Bieber, etc, etc

I think it would be interesting if SNL had bands like...

Against Me!; Chvrches; Gaslight Anthem; Hold Steady; Manchester Orchestra; Queens of the Stone Age; Tegan & Sara

^a lot of the above bands are played during sports games anyways, are popular, or been doing it for a long time (not Chvrches)

They're just not going to have an aggressive-ish band (Mastodon)

Some bands NEVER get the push they need. I don't think SNL 'makes' bands, but being on SNL wouldn't hurt. Hopefully for their next album but I've been saying that since THE 59 SOUND so what the fuck?

Some artists are REALLY great live...but don't release good albums...and I would say ARE worthy of being on...

-Bruno Mars (jaw-dropping talent/amazing live...has never released a good song)

-Foo Fighters (I always end up buying their albums...and, I realize, as soon as I do that I'm just never going to listen to it; don't think they've released good music in 10 years)

Matt Oswalt (Patton's brother): "Did Foo Fighters make Sonic Highways to prove no matter how much they immerse themselves in music history they still sound like the Foo Fighters?"

LOVE that band and my birthday/X-Mas gift from my brother is seeing them @ Fenway in July

-the Roots....classic/universally adored...but I think most people go, 'Nice! the Roots!' then realize they maybe last bought a record by them when 'the Seed 2.0' became out or some shit.

Edited by Cassidy

I love the Roots and every album they've put out... except the latest - it was mostly boring. Not sure what happened there.

I thought stuff like "The Eternal Cowboy" that Against Me! put out was super clever and fresh... way WAY better than anything I've heard from Gaslight Anthem - again, just my opinion.

I just downloaded the YG album, I heard it's fuckin dope... we shall see.

it's better than i expected it to be just based off of what i knew about YG before the album. it can be a monotonous because of Mustard's beats all sounding so alike but overall he impressed me.

I just downloaded the YG album, I heard it's fuckin dope... we shall see.

it's better than i expected it to be just based off of what i knew about YG before the album. it can be a monotonous because of Mustard's beats all sounding so alike but overall he impressed me.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Not sure how much staying power this one is going to have, but I do need to give it a few more listens.

Also anyone been listening to the new record from Spoon? Fuckin money

Cassidy I think it's dumb you only listened to the Draft one time all things considered. I can only imagine how I'd feel about the Arctic Monkeys as a whole if I stopped listening to them after my first listen of Humbug.

Cassidy I think it's dumb you only listened to the Draft one time all things considered. I can only imagine how I'd feel about the Arctic Monkeys as a whole if I stopped listening to them after my first listen of Humbug.

k3IukIS.gif

I've had enough of your bullshit from your Gaslight-hating ass.

I want to come up on you on the street and just tap you on the head 

tumblr_mpbpkrT6VF1r889tbo1_400.gif

BECAUSE I AM UNABLE TO MEET YOU IN TEMECULA, I WILL MEET YOU AT THE CROSSROADS CROSSROADS CROSSROADS

Yeah, I MIGHT revisit, we'll see.

I like HUMBUG a lot (4th favorite record by them) and it's definitely the change-of-pace record for them...It was 'Suck it and See' I listened to 2x and didn't like at all besides, maybe, the title track.

so new records coming out in 2015 (a lot of these people I'll name I don't care/listen to)

Frank Turner; Kanye West; Kendrick Lamar; Modest Mouse; Title Fight

Adele; Band of Horses; Chance the Rapper; Deafheaven; Drake; Frank Ocean; Imagine Dragons; Lupe Fiasco; Murder by Death; Radiohead; Rihanna; Run the Jewels; School of Seven Bells; Sky Ferreira; the Starting Line

MAYBES

Brand New; Thrice

im more excited about the new kendrick than anything in years. the song he did for flylo's album was great. the live version of "i" on SNL and the untitled song on Colbert were both incredible. the feature list for the album is nuts (thundercat, bilal, anna wise, terrace martin, george clinton, ron isley, sza) 

outside of that, definitely waiting for the new title fight and kanye.