Aug 10 - The Barbary, Philadelphia, PA

Aug 11 - Amityville Music Hall, Amityville, NY

Aug 12 - Middle East, Boston, MA

Aug 13 - Webster Underground, Hartford, CT

Aug 14 - Cattivo, Pittsburgh, PA

Aug 15 - Grog Shop, Cleveland, OH

Aug 16 - Mac's Bar, Lansing, MI

Aug 17 - Beat Kitchen, Chicago, IL

The last time I saw Horse the Band, they were opening for Dragonforce.  I left about halfway through the first Dragonforce song.

My friend almost got the shit kicked out of him at a different Horse the Band show.  Guy put my buddy in a headlock and the band thought it was hilarious, but still didn't miss a beat.

I haven't seen them since 03 or 04. 

Very few albums from that era are still in my rotation, but I still love these guys. Super excited for the Pittsburgh show. 

I only saw them once, I think it was at Bamboolze festival or something, and they were playing on a TINYYYYYYYYY stage and were making fun of the KROQ tent the whole time. They were awesome but even more so, they were HILARIOUS.

Justin was photographed riding the ATV with Selena Gomez Friday in Ontario near his father's home.

olice say Justin was released and will have to appear in court later this month.

He could have a bigger problem on his hands though -- Justin is on probation for 2 years after the egging case in L.A. So, it's possible this arrest could trigger a violation.

Justin's attorney says Justin and Selena are fully cooperating with the police investigation.

Oh shit does that mean he won't be singing on the HORSE the Band tour?  

Last time I got to see Horse The Band they were the second act on Poison The Well tour with Fall of Troy opening. Poison The Well was the first heavy band I really listened to, Nerdy got me into that type of music but I'd never seen them live. Horse The Band was my favorite band at the time, but I could care less about Fall of Troy.

I drove an hour and a half to the concert with two friends, got out of the car to stretch and instinctively shut the door without thinking. Car was running, doors were locked by my buddy who got out and hit auto lock.

Fall of Troy's van broke down so they did not show up, Horse The Band opened, I missed Horse the band while waiting at my running car for a locksmith to come unlock me so I could turn it off and go inside. Missed the first half of the PTW show, they opened with Nerdy, and after that played the shittiest set I've seen in my entire life bar none. During their very last song I was near the front and some overgrown straight edge gorilla tried to jump towards the stage to grab the mic and landed directly on top of my neck and shoulders. I could barely stand up, had to basically crawl to the back to sit down. Both friends had been drinking and did not see me get hurt, and I could not let them know I needed to leave so of course I got to see all of Fall of Troy's shitty set. Since my friends had been drinking I got to drive home, and when I got to get out of the car I could not move. Period. I was in the most amount of pain in my entire life. I had to be helped back to my room and in the morning two people had to help take me to the hospital, I had a very severe back sprain. I got prescribed some pretty gnarly muscle relaxers and lortab 10s.

So I was fucked up on medication, and was on the thrice message boards for like 2 straight days. I got sick of it and needed to leave the message boards, but I didn't want to be one of those bitches who quit and came back a week later so I needed an excuse to not come back. Hmmm seeing how I'm high as shit on meds, and a bottle of Lortabs in front of me what if I pretended to purposefully OD on Lortabs and Vodka on the thrice boards? Yeah.... I came back.

I did not intend to tell that story, I completely forgot the fake suicide attempt and horse the band were connected until I started typing. Also I am aware you don't care. haha.

Sucks your show got fucked up. I remember seeing Poison the Well on the Darkest Hour / Thrice tour, and they sucked on that one as well. Think it was an off night tough, because people seemed to like the rest of that tour. 

I talked to David some, and he said HTB will keep playing the US. Sounded like they are just breaking it up into two week mini-tour every summer when they can all get time off work. Go see them in CO. You will not be disappointed. 

https://www.facebook.com/horsetheband/posts/10152531395165685

We are playing a show in Los Angeles!
During downtime from the band, Erik has been going on a lot of business trips, but David Isen became a real estate developer in his spare time and built this beautiful music venue in downtown LA. Now we get to play in it.
And who is playing with us? None other than the legendary TAKEN. The one band that is so respected and loved, that they automatically get to open for every reuniting famous hardcore band from Orange County. The band last encountered on Earth Tour in Japan, as David and Nathan ate hundreds of octopus balls while enjoying Taken’s trademark brand of emotional hardcore. The band we first shared the stage with in 2003 in a 2nd floor Rec Hall at Pomona College. (or was it Robinson House in SIlverlake? [waaay before the Overpass!]). I remember when me and Erik first discovered them on the Thrice message board 15 years ago, and have been obsessed ever since.
And, in case you haven’t heard after our last tour in August, we are at the TOP of our game.
We look GREAT.
We sound BETTER.
And we are HILARIOUS.    

Its crazy how universally respected Taken is by touring bands, yet how relatively unknown they are outside the socal hardcore scene. I don't think I've ever heard them mentioned outside the thrice/boreds.