Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassidy

You're the Worst

11 posts in this topic

Andy Greenwald (Grantland): You're the Worst finishes its great first season as one of the best comedies on TV

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/youre-the-worst-finishes-its-great-first-season-as-one-of-the-best-comedies-on-tv/

Sepinwall is loving it too.

This show doesn't have the big FRIENDS-ish cast as HAPPY ENDINGS of how whip-smart that show was...but it's on that level.

It's good out the gate super fast and I can see it getting better: the 2 main actors I love and that sells the show.

And it's a fun romantic comedy.

Enjoyed this show a lot.  Legitimately like the couple because of how resistant they are to the relationship.  Every now and then the show tries a little too hard (mainly with the best friend characters) but the British dude and the redhead are perfect.  Plus I really enjoy the rap group she does PR for.

Got a late start on this show, but it's great. Really glad they renewed it for a second season. I actually really like the side kicks, I think they are pretty funny. Something about the girl side kick I just wanna smash.

Edit: finally finished the first season, it ended perfectly. I still wanna smash the girl side kick.

Two episodes in to the second season and the show is still really funny, but just doesn't feel as original as it did last season. I still wanna smash the girl sidekick though, I can't explain it I just want to.

Edited by ignitionnight

Two episodes in to the second season and the show is still really funny, but just doesn't feel as original as it did last season. I still wanna smash the girl sidekick though, I can't explain it I just want to.

it's the boobs...purposely annoying voice, but yes. Me too.

1 episode in, shall catch up later.

I just finished the first season of this. It was pretty enjoyable. The characters are solid. They can seem pretty forced at times and be pretty frustrating, but they usually wrap things up well enough before I stop caring about them. It is definitely worth the watch and has some fantastic moments. I will start the second season today. 

Don't much care for Edgar's new girlfriend or the improve angle, but it helped his character develop in a believable way so I'm cool with that.

I'd still smash Lindsey if given the opportunity, her story arc wasn't bad this season, even if it was a bit pointless.

Jimmy wasn't as funny this season as I thought, but the mouse episode was pretty good. I thought it was cool when he ditched out on Sandra Bullock's 23 year old little sister, she was hot.

Gretchen's season was super weird but I think Aya Cash deserves an emmy nomination for her performance this season, she fucking killled it.

I have a feeling next week will be a car wreck episode...... excited and sad.

Edited by ignitionnight

I marathoned this show over the weekend, really enjoyed it.

And I totally agree with you guys on Lindsay, that girl is super hot.

Also, I don't know if you guys watch the Inbetweeners, but goddamnit, Jimmy sounds exactly like Will.  It's not just the accent, it's the same vocal inflections and cadence in his voice.  It's creepily similar. 

Lets get this outta the way first, still definitely wanna smash Lindsay.

Season 2 wasn't as funny as season 1, but Aya Cash's performance that season was spectacular, she killed it. That was one of the best stories on depression I've ever seen on TV. Season 3 seems to be showcasing Edgar's mental health issues, he's such a good character, one of my favorites on TV. This along with Atlanta are my two favorite comedies on TV.

Episode 5 Twenty-Two was the best episode of the series, and should get Desmond Borges, and the director Falk, an emmy nomination. Again this show nails a mental health issue more perfectly than any other show ever has. PTSD is a nightmare, couldn't imagine having to deal with it. 

One thing I'm not sure I liked is that It showed how fucking horrible Jimmy and Gretchen are, but without the comedic feeling that lets them get away with it on most episodes. They truly are the worst fucking people, even worse than the Allways Sunny gang.

This isn't one of the best comedies, it's one of the best shows on TV period.

I wanna smash Lindsay.