Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mixhail

Coachella 2015

60 posts in this topic

Lots of whiners (just like 2 years ago), but this lineup is pretty good. Don't care too much about the headliners besides Drake.  Friday is meh, Saturday is good, and Sunday is Orgasmic. Glad they finally locked down some of the bands from Warped Tour in the mid 2000s (Bad Religion, Brand New, Circa Survive) to “save” Rock, since it was dire last year. Plus they landed all the EDM acts I actually love still (Nero, Porter Robinson, Madeon) plus the usual big names (Kaskade, David Guetta, Alesso, 2 of the Swedish House Mafia dudes) that can have their own festival in the Sahara tent.

The headliners are undeniably sub par, and cumulatively I don't think there are enough acts I'm excited about to warrant me keeping my tickets. I think I'll be selling, but we'll see.

Edited by Capricancerous

^ I'm slightly bummed that I started working at the Honda Center way back in 09 like 2 weeks after they played. Never had the chance to see em while I was there, but then they played like a month after I quit last year haha. I'm not that stoked though, I always joke with my friends that all their hit songs start exactly the same. I guess between them and Steely Dan, Coachella is looking to get all the old people from Palm Springs to check it out Friday, then give their wristbands to their kids for the next two days heh.

Oh and I like Drake alot and assumed he'd be a headliner (since I heard that he told Jhene Aiko's crowd last year that he'd be there in 2015), but I find it kinda weird that he's closing it out. That probably means there will be a shitload of guest appearances then.

Well I missed out on landing another ticket, and so did every single person I know. And I was one of the few people who got through to the Weekend 1 page. What a bummer.

haha, ac/dc?  why.  didn't one dude get arrested for hiring a hit man?  and the other guy is dead.  why

the best thing at this is drive like jehu, and madeon (but only while/if he plays the song feat. ellie goulding)

i'd like to see drive like jehu. 

why ac/dc? i dunno, when i saw them in 2008 it was like one giant party. even if you only know that 'shook me all night long' song, you're good to go because it's all the same, but in a good way. plus brian johnson dances funny.

The undercard is good, as it is every year. Coachella is so much more than music, though - I say that every year.

With that said, this is probably the worst sub-headliner line-up they've had in years, as far back as I can remember, anyways. 

In conclusion, if my best friend was going to have a destination wedding during Coachella on any year, I'm glad it's this year. I won't be attending my 10th Coachella and I'm totally OKAY with it this year.

I sold that^ set on craigslist for $1250 on day 1 - got about (literally) 40 emails trying to buy it. They're going for $1500+ for that setup on craigslist, well they were on day 1 anyways.

Coachella is so much more than music, though - I say that every year.

Every year I wonder if banging a bunch of dumb, barely legal super-slimmies who "didn't look like that when I was that age" is worth the price & effort of attendance.    

If you're trying to sell the ticket above face value I would get that up on craigslist... now. The longer you wait, the closer to face value you will get.