Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mixhail

Coachella 2015

60 posts in this topic

^ Wtf is a super-slimmie?

I think the answer is still yes though.

I am the Fresh Prince generation.

^ Womp womp. I swapped my weekend 2 wristband with some dude from Reddit for his weekend 1. Dude was nice as hell.

Prices have fallen dramatically lately. Weekend 2 is selling below face value on StubHub now. Crazy.

I'm still worried about who to see on Friday. That day is still pretty weak. Nero, Alesso, Porter Robinson and Raekwon are my only must sees. I might check out Tame Impala, but I'm not really into the psychedelic stuff (although I love that "Elephant" song). 

^ Womp womp. I swapped my weekend 2 wristband with some dude from Reddit for his weekend 1. Dude was nice as hell.

Prices have fallen dramatically lately. Weekend 2 is selling below face value on StubHub now. Crazy.

I'm still worried about who to see on Friday. That day is still pretty weak. Nero, Alesso, Porter Robinson and Raekwon are my only must sees. I might check out Tame Impala, but I'm not really into the psychedelic stuff (although I love that "Elephant" song). 

You should check out Tame Impala. And does the new single suck or something in your eyes? So Flying Lotus ( with his new stage set up ) Caribou, Todd Terje, Gorgon City ( which you would easily say is just another form of Disclosure ) Ab- Soul ( who will probably have Kanye with him) Vic Mensa ( again, he is on the new Kanye Album ) and Hot Natured are nothing at all interesting either for your tastes? didnt you like Goatye? Kimbra is playing Friday. Also Kiesza, she is on the Jack U album, but hey what do I know. surprised you arent all u on Sylvan Esso either.

Ill be at both weekends. Weekend 2 will be with a camera in hand though.

Edited by suprefan

I heard a Gorgon City track on KCRW that I really liked so I hope to catch them. Todd Terje as well. I'm feeling pretty lazy on my research this year though.

Gorgon City is pretty alright, but yeah they sound like Disclosure in a more EDM way. "Unmissable" is a really good song. That'd be funny if Jennifer Hudson does show up to sing that one song with them. I'll definitely catch them though.

I'll probably check out Flying Lotus just because it will be trippy. Like I said somewhere else, I only really dig "Never Catch Me" but i guess Kendrick Lamar won't be around to do his awesome part.

The new Tame Impala song is actually pretty good. Doesn't sound like its just a ripoff 70s song like the rest of their stuff.

I've tried to get into Caribou and Todd Terje, but they just don't do anything for me. Kimbra and Sylvan Esso are ok, but whatevs. Somehow I never heard of Kiesza until a month ago even though she's been real popular for the last year woops.

Edited by Mixhail

Hmm we're 4 days out from Coachella and the set times still haven't been released yet. I'm wondering if this means there's major behind the scenes drama about who plays when. 

What. Set times usually don't come out until the Tuesday before or so.

Anyone staying off-site W2 have room for me and a friend to crash just on Saturday? She might not be able to handle more than 2 nights camping.

stubhub ticket prices are plummeting and you can use the $25 off code (25off) for even steeper discounts. 

this happens every year i've looked, so i'm for sure just buying tickets this way in the future

right now you can get passes for $315 before 25 off discount. absurd

Edited by weaves

^ Yeah this shit didn't fly last year. Probably because the headliners were way bigger. Bunch of people tried to go Weekend 1 and couldn't find shit.

WHERE ARE MY SET TIMES ITS NOON AND ONLY 3 DAYS AWAY

Edited by Mixhail

Actually, that did fly last year, and the year before. Every year tickets on Stubhub go for below face value right before the fest. It has nothing to do with how popular the fest and everything to do with greed - the people listing them for $600+ and not budging are all fucked come week-of and are the ones losing their shirts. Them, and the procrastinators.

stubhub ticket prices are plummeting and you can use the $25 off code (25off) for even steeper discounts. 

this happens every year i've looked, so i'm for sure just buying tickets this way in the future

I really wouldnt rely on it. Cause next year, its gonna be back to $1,000 for one wristband. Do not try to test the market like this, you will get burned.

I really wouldnt rely on it. Cause next year, its gonna be back to $1,000 for one wristband. Do not try to test the market like this, you will get burned.

okay thanks!

Actually, that did fly last year, and the year before. Every year tickets on Stubhub go for below face value right before the fest. It has nothing to do with how popular the fest and everything to do with greed - the people listing them for $600+ and not budging are all fucked come week-of and are the ones losing their shirts. Them, and the procrastinators.

not really, there wasnt supply at this point. With last years line up, everyone bought early just to get sorted. Then when anyone trying to get a last minute deal was looking, nothing. And just people who could not miss outkast dropped a lot of money. And people who thought they were gonna get a ticket from craigslist got killed last minute too. I saw some stories of people who traveled pretty far to the fest, were supposed to meet up with a person to get a wristband, and they didnt show. so they were stranded in Indio, with nothing, and had to totally overpay, cause what else were you gonna do. You know, all it has to say is Daft Punk next year, and it will be impossible for either weekend in the secondary market.

^ Yeah I know multiple people stranded in Indio last year who couldn't find anyone on Craiglist or wherever to meet up. Not a problem this year though.

lol poor AC/DC and Jack White. The larger crowds will be elsewhere during their sets. I'll be running between the stupid Nero-Porter Robinson-Flying Lotus conflict, then checking out Alesso on Friday; and I'll probably see Tycho and Deorro during Jack White on Saturday. And I wonder if the promoters were actually planning on having The Weeknd close Main right before  Axwell ^ Ingrosso, because people are going to dig the Weeknd for the first 20 minutes, then get bored after realizing his songs are all pretty slow and sound the same, and wander over to Outdoor.

I'm glad they moved The War on Drugs to Friday, and to the main stage at Sunset. I don't think they'll get that big of a crowd, but damn its going to look nice when they're doing their thing. I can't wait.

As for Sunday, I'm pissed that Brand New and Madeon are playing at the same time, but luckily they are on stages right next to each other, so I can probably jump between the two. I kinda did this last year, but i forgot with who and it kinda worked out, albeit with a weird viewpoint for both. The St. Lucia- RAC conflict is also dumb, considering those two have collaborated a bunch together in the past.

They know what theyre doing, and youre going to miss half the stuff that will rule with those choices youre making. Tycho will be empty, so enjoy that. Also, The Weeknd will be done before Axwell/ Ingrosso go on.

Edited by suprefan

I didn't study the set times as I won't be in attendance, but unless Axwell/Ingrosso must be going on preeeettty late for that to happen^

I guess they stopped giving a fuck about the curfew when they started making disgusting money. Makes sense.

What I meant was in reference to suprefans comment implying a GUARANTEE that the Weeknd will be done before the other act - meaning that other act starts at something like 12:15am - meaning they will probably play until about 1:30am and pay the curfew penalties.

Well Coachella was fun of course. The crew I went with wasn't that cool, but I had a blast just wandering off and checking stuff out on my own. Standouts were probably Nero, Run The Jewels, Bad Religion, Brand New and Florence & The Machine. Each of the closers were whatevs. I also saw a guy maybe die in the bathrooms (he was seizuring) and I snuck in my lady and her friend into the festival Sunday. Got through all 4 checkpoints and everything... thank you Honda Center security skills for recognizing how easily distracted some of them could be.

Here are some videos I took (with more to come). Now you can pretend you were there in the back too. Sorry I don't have cool prime front row footage like Suprefan but whatevs.

I've seen reports from across the spectrum that Drake was embarrassingly bad...and that clip isn't helping. I legitimately dig that song but it sounds like karaoke thru an iPod.....