Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donwayneleach

Golf/PGA

3 posts in this topic

Anybody else play/watch golf here?

I started playing last year and it is pretty much my favorite thing to play now. It is frustrating, but it feels so good when you hit a nice ball. 

My final round of last season, I was playing with a bunch of members of the course. I was nervous, but played my best game ever.  I had my first chip in for a birdie from about 50 feet out in the rough and over a hill. It really sealed the deal that I want to play this game till I cannot walk anymore. 

All of my clubs are ones from thrift stores and dumps. I will hopefully start upgrading this year. 

I plan on getting shoes this next week. I am thinking of going spike-less. I hear a lot of people say they are more comfortable and that they don't have any traction problems due to weather. 

Also, the PGA Tour has been fun to watch this year. I have been watching golf for years. It was a weird move because I didn't play it. I started watching because I follow Norm Mcdonald on Twitter. He was has great golf commentary.

It is sad that we don't have the elite Tiger anymore, but I love watching Rory, Spieth, Stenson, Dustin Johnson, Bubba, Fowler,  Patrick Reed (even though he is a dickbag), and others. 

I am excited for the Masters. 

Spieth is unreal. Love watching him play. He has been getting random flack for bitching lately. What people need to realize is that he is clearly shitting on himself which is part of the game of golf. 

i felt so bad for Dustin Johnson. Heartbreaking choke.