Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassidy

Mr. Robot (USA)

36 posts in this topic

Well damn, I thought my DVR fucked up and didn't record it last night.

Didn't something similar happen with an episode of Hannibal last year?  Right after one of the recent mass shootings and they never aired the episode so everyone had to watch it online?

Any word if the finale is going to be edited to remove those questionable scenes? 

Yeah, first season an episode with Molly Shannon was flipped out of order: something with kids was involved shortly after Newtown, I believe. I thought it was unnecessary to do that..

Andy Greenwald, who has seen the finale, on the postponement
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/why-usa-was-right-to-delay-the-mr-robot-finale/?ex_cid=story-twitter

but yeah, it DOES sound like changes could be made that would have no big impact on the story

Well the finale was anti-climactic, since they just up and time-jumped 2 days and told us matter of factually that yup, Elliot and Tyrell executed the plan to perfection. At least they set the stage for season 2 really well. Now we will get to see what happens in Fight Club after they succeed in taking down the credit card companies.

Am I crazy for thinking the best scene was Elliot meeting Tyrell's wife? It was just so bizarre despite how basic the conversation was.

BTW I hope that its Shayla at the door and he just starts imagining her as someone who can help get his mind together :D

yeah, Tyrell's wife scene was fascinating.
Like I heard in talks, people thought his wife was the most fascinating and the one set up to be a key villain...as well as his friend who is with E Corporation. Those scenes were played nicely.

I like who they got to be the CEO of E Corp: that guy was REAL good on 'Rubicon'. His manner of speaking is very different/fun to hear.
had a feeling who was going to die this episode as soon as they showed the dude and the reason why this episode was postponed a week.

I'll read recaps later.

I thought it was a little anti-climatic as well.  Definitely not a bad episode by any means, but I had thought there would be more to it all; I mean, I don't expect some major twist in every episode, but it just felt like they held back a bit too much.

I agree with you guys on the scene with Tyrell's wife, she's so hot and scary at the same time, I definitely think there is something more going on with her.

The one thing that I really just can't wrap my head around is why the fuck Angela would ever agree to take a job at Evil Corp.  I mean, I get the reasoning that they gave us (to change things from the inside), but I just couldn't imagine any real person would ever work at a company that pretty much murdered her father for profit.  And to top it off, how the fuck is she supposed to change things working in PR?  She has shown to always be such a sympathetic and righteous person, it just feels like it's coming out of left field to basically set up the plot for season 2 to have someone there behind the scenes. 

I dunno, I'm hoping it pays off, because it just feels so out of place.

Also, I was pissed we got zero Tyrell at all, that Swedish fuck is my favorite character.

Also found a couple of goodies on the Mr. Robot subreddit (which is really good if you guys wanna get into the various theories and Sam Esmail is on there a bunch answering questions)

Tyrell's wife, Joanna spoke some Danish to Elliot during that scene, she said: "If you have done something to him, I will kill you."

Also, because she is a total fucking smokeshow: NSFW Titties

I quit watching at episode 3, it just wasn't holding my interest and it became a chore to watch. I thought maybe I'd catch up after the season is over, but now more TV shows are back on I'm not sure I care to give it the time to watch again.