Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ignitionnight

Horace and Pete

4 posts in this topic

This was soooooo good. I loved every fucking moment of this series, loved the format and the pace and the dialogue and the play feel, everything. Louis CK is submitting it to the Emmys as a Drama. There's no way the show wins without the money backing from a studio but it is totally deserving.

listened to him on Simmons' podcast...and then on Maron, where he breaks it down and is far more thorough.

I'll probably get into it somewhat this weekend: I'm worried about the tonal issue that I had with 'Louie' but I think this is far different. I really don't know what to expect other than it's a tragedy and that it's dark.

Now that I've slept on it let me add an asterisk to the statement that I loved every moment of it. I did, but it didn't click until episode 3 during Laurie Metcalf's monologue. It was so different and weird, but heavy and incredibly acted I just got hooked. But by the end I was so immersed in the story even the very beginnings where I wasn't fully invested felt perfect in retrospect. No matter what, if you start it just make yourself finish it. It's so worth it. The ending is perfect.

Edited by ignitionnight

I am 8 episodes in. This show is amazing. There is just great moment after great moment. Awesome dialogue. I will probably recap with more thoughts when I finish it.