Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassidy

Best Movies 2017

3 posts in this topic

FUCK YEAH I WANT TO SEE
Annihilation; Baby Driver; Dark Tower; Death of Stalin; Downsizing; Dunkirk; Fate of the Furious; Get Out; It; John Wick 2; Lego Batman; Logan Lucky; Lost City of Z; Mother!; Mudbound; Star Wars; Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri; Under the Silver Lake; Valarian; Wind River

Paul Thomas Anderson/Daniel Day-Lewis; Kathryn Bigelow Detroit project

REALLY WANT TO SEE
Alien Covenant; Baywatch; Big Sick; Blade Runner 2049g*; the Current War; Glass Castle; God Particle; Greatest Showman; Guardians of Galaxy 2; How to Talk to Girls at Parties; Ingrid Goes West; Kingsman 2; Life; Logan; Murder on the Orient Express; Okja; Personal Shopper; Power Rangers; Red Sparrow; Snowman; War for Planet of Apes

'Blade Runner' fucking sucks in ALL its versions, but I guess it could be good in the way 'Mad Max' movies sucked but the new one is one of the best movies ever.

EH, SURE
Brigsby Bear; the Circle; Darkest Hour; Ghost Story; It Comes at Night; Molly's Game; Rock That Body; Spiderman; Split; Thor; Trainspotting 2; Yellow Birds

PROBABLY NOT, BUT POTENTIAL HATE WATCH
Beauty and the Beast; Great Wall; Jumanji; Justice League; Kong: Skull Island; Mummy; Wonder Woman

NO
Chips; Ghost in Shell; Pirates of Caribbean 352432; Transformers

We'll see what movies get killed by bad buzz.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I haven't seen shit)

5 STARS
4 STARS
3 STARS
2 STARS
1 STARS

^'Mad Max definitely one of the best and craziest movie going experiences and popcorn movies of all time. It's just one straight up action chase movie and crazy world building. So yeah, it is. If you missed seeing it on a big screen in a packed crowd, you missed out. It's not some garbage movie like '300'.

I really wished I saw 'Get Out' opening weekend. Girl I usually see movies with doesn't like horror movies, but I figured she might be more incined to want to see it because she's black, but that didn't work either. Maybe the success of it will make her want to watch it. Would have loved to have seen that with a black audience...and then with a white audience. But yeah, I saw 'Mad Max' with her and the whole time we were both laughing and saying, "WHAT THE FUCK!?!" out loud. Difference was, she hated it and I loved it.

I've heard nothing but great things about some movies I added to the top 2 lists via Sundance/advanced screenings/early buzz or just directors I like that are worth looking into, 'Power Rangers' 'Lego Batman', 'Lost City of Z' (love David Grann), John Wick 2, etc.

the trailer for 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Montana' looks like it's going to be the best movie of the year. Already was high up there since I love Martin McDonagh, but holy fucking shit.