9thwonder

MLB

2,069 posts in this topic

The four teams going to the playoffs from the AL are all but official. The Reds have almost sealed the deal and the NL East and West have 5 teams going for the last 3 spots.

I've got the wildcard coming from the East. The Braves and Phillies go head to head 6 more times. I think if either team is able to take 4 out of 6 the division is theirs. The Padres, Rockies and Giants all have crucial games within the division remaining. The Padres are on the decline and have the toughest schedule remaining so i have them out. It's neck and neck between the Rockies and Giants for me. San Fran is ahead in the standings but they have to travel to Coors one more time. I'm still picking the Giants to win the west though.

FelixAndrus_medium.gif

How foolish did Hernandez make opposing hitters look? Very.

He struck out Elvis Andrus on a 93 mph changeup in the sixth. Yeah, I know. Who throws a changeup that hard? Is it even effective as a change-up. M's catcher Adam Moore said it was and that the pitch had a foot of movement on it. But it didn't break like a typical two-seam fastball. It just moved side to side in weird fashion.

PITCHfx confirms the velocity as 92.7mph. The average Major League fastball is about 91.3. The average Major League changeup is about 82.5. Felix is a king, and he's not one of those sissy benevolent ones. Felix is the kind of king that fills the lower floor of his palace with spiders, and when visitors come he makes them take their shoes off. Suck it, plebes.

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2010/9/18/1696633/this-is-a-changeup

Just got back from the Dodgers game. It was awesome. My dad and I were joking about turning around and coming home after listening on the radio and hearing it was 6-1 in the second inning. I'm glad we watched the whole thing.

The Braves have a chance to clinch the wildcard today and I'm scrambling for a link to the game because Fox is showing Sox-Yankees instead. Nationally televised games are blacked out on mlb.tv too which is bullshit.

I've got audio though. It's Bobby Cox appreciation day. He just wrapped up a short speech and I don't know what's going on now but they're playing Bob Seger's "Like a Rock". hahaha

First time I've seen the Rangers win a playoff game since Elementary school.

2010 has been a good year for ending droughts that lasted since grade school (Cowboys playoff drought as well).

haha, did you guys know there is a player on the Cubs named Darwin Barney?

My Red Sox fan friend wants him so badly for the Sox just to hear "Dahhhhhwin Bahhhney" all over Fenway.

I think he did that with the perfect game.

But damn, he is freaking good. I would love to see him pitch against Cliff Lee, but it isn't going to happen.