9thwonder

MLB

2,069 posts in this topic

I miss him too. I'm rooting for the Phillies in the NL (and Twins in the AL) solely so Roy can win a World Series.

If only the Jays didn't suck.

I guess by that the other Roy wins one, too, so........ sure.

Yeah I'm not in such a good mood. Posey was tagged out going to 2nd base in the fourth inning. He was incorrectly called safe and goes on to score the only run in the game. I can't change the situation so I'm trying to accept it. Losing the first game in a best of 5 series always scares me shitless though, so if the series isn't even after tonight I will be freaking the fuck out.

I didn't see all of the games today but there seemed to be some pretty questionable calls. I'd be pissed if I was a Braves or Twins fan.

I'm definitely mad about the no strike call to Berkman. But, honestly, the Twins are playing terrible baseball; it's fucking embarrassing. The Yankees are an amazing team, but there's no excuse for letting them make us look like chumps this many times in a row. We look like children out there; shitting ourselves because the "big bad Yankees" are in town. They all need to put on their big boy pants and play like they've been playing for the last 6 months.

Ricky "Wild Thing" Ankiel

also, id like to point out that the same team that called the Cardinals whiny bitches (im looking at you Brandon Phillips) was bitching 2 nights ago about how Roy Halladay was getting every pitch...

"Another umpire, he wouldn't have thrown like that," Cabrera told reporters. "He was getting every pitch. We had no chance. We had to swing."

although the Cardinals didn't make the playoffs and the Reds did make us look like fools, nothing would make me happier than to see these ass holes get swept in bad fashion.

I can't even complain about the close calls on the basepaths that went against the Braves and cost them the decisive runs in games 1 and 4. Ok, that sounded like a complaint but i'll leave it at that. This is the end of an era for me. Bobby Cox; 1991-2010. I was born in 1988 and started watching Braves games with my grandparents going back before my earliest recollection of memory. My parents told me as a toddler I used to be wide awake watching games that went on past midnight and long after my grandparents had fallen asleep. I've watched easily more than 1000 Braves games in my life and Bobby Cox has been there the whole time, although he of course missed a lot innings due to his ejections! I'm thankful to have had him at the helm. Growing up he was a great role model to have. He always stood behind his players, showed support where many wouldn't and if he had to deal with a player issue he did it behind closed doors. He put everyone before himself and is as passionate about the game as anyone involved with MLB.

He was always like a grandfather figure to me. I suppose he reminded me of a lot the qualities that my grandpa had, who passed away when I was 8. Turning into Braves games next year is going to make this feel really surreal. I'm not sure if I'll ever watch another game without thinking fondly of Bobby throughout. He is a great man and I'm going to miss him.

The whole year, I thought when the season came to end I would become a clusterfuck of sadness. All I feel though is appreciation.

I'm really looking forward to the Rays/Rangers game tonight. It's the first game 5 in the division series round since 2005. Can you believe that? Pulling for the Rays but I really like the group of players the Rangers have. It's also cool seeing some of the Braves former prospects Elvis Andrus and Neftali Feliz playing good ball. I'm certainly rooting for whoever wins to topple the Yankees. I feel like the Rays would give them serious hell. Also going for the Giants over the Phillies. I have no bitterness towards them. They played very solid and capitalized on the situation when a break went their way. Kudos.

I'm really looking forward to the Rays/Rangers game tonight. It's the first game 5 in the division series round since 2005. Can you believe that?

No, that's crazy!

I never would have guessed. Pulling for the Rangers.