9thwonder

MLB

2,069 posts in this topic

Hope they have some sweet non-alcoholic beverages for josh hamilton. Or maybe they just send him home.

Unless my eyes were seeing things, I'm almost positive they were celebrating with Mountain Dew.

I gotta give big props to the Rangers organization for standing behind Ron Washington this offseason after his admitted cocaine use. Some clubs would fear the negative PR so much that he would have been cut immediately. Nolan Ryan said Ron was like family and you don't give up on family. Look where the Rangers are now :)

Hug it out bitches!

mlb_85031.jpg

I wasn't sure who to root for in that game. I kind of wanted to see the Rays and Yankees in the ALCS, but on the other hand I don't think Tampa's 3000 fans deserve to have a winning team.

Cliff Lee is pretty badass, and I really hope the Rangers can take out the Yankees. I do not want to see the Yankees in another fucking World Series.

The Rangers have a chance. Home field advantage. Cliff Lee and CJ Wilson pitching in four games. They did well against the Yankees in the regular season.

I would bet on it, but if Texas can get a win out of one of the three Lewis or Hunter starts, I think Texas wins the series.

I wasn't sure who to root for in that game. I kind of wanted to see the Rays and Yankees in the ALCS, but on the other hand I don't think Tampa's 3000 fans deserve to have a winning team.

God dammit they do have very solid tv/radio ratings don't ya know?

Yes well, to be honest, I was hoping the Rays would win because I think the Rangers are better hitters, have a better bullpen, and have the one guy in the AL that can go toe to toe with Carsten Charles. If anything, this series should be exciting, but I do expect the Yankees to win in six. Their offense is superior, their rotation, with a healthy Andy Pettite, is at the very least on same level, if not better, than Texas', and we have Mariano Rivera.

As far as Burnett pitching in this series, you'd be surprised as to how well he pitches against Texas. As a team they bat .207 against him. The Yankees beat up on Lee earlier this year and will not be intimidated by the likes of CJ Wilson. The only guy I believe the Yanks don't want to see is Feliz.

I love playoff baseball :)

their rotation, with a healthy Andy Pettite, is at the very least on same level, if not better, than Texas'

....I'm calling blatant homerism on that one.

Sabathia 3.18, Pettitte 3.33, Hughes 4.19, Burnett 5.32,

Lee 3.18, Wilson 3.35, Lewis 3.72, Hunter 3.73

As far as Burnett pitching in this series, you'd be surprised as to how well he pitches against Texas. As a team they bat .207 against him. The Yankees beat up on Lee earlier this year and will not be intimidated by the likes of CJ Wilson. The only guy I believe the Yanks don't want to see is Feliz.

Burnett lost to Texas 7-6 and 4-3, then won 7-3. So he's 1-2 against Texas this year. Not very impressive.

And I don't know if the Yankees are intimidated by Wilson, but he's already beaten them twice this season.

I think the Yankees have the upper hand but this series is closer than you think. The only reason the Yankees look more impressive is because Cruz missed 60 games, Kinsler missed 60 games, Hamilton missed 30 and Lee didn't show up until late in the season. When all four of those guys are healthy, this team is a different monster.

I rather see my girl get banged by a bunch of black dudes then have the giants win.

Although having them make it to the world series, go up 3 games only to lose the next 4 would make me really happy.

things said on twitter last night during the Rangers choke...

"George W. Bush probably shouldn't have posed with that Mission Accomplished banner in the seventh inning"

"We're waiving the 5 year waiting period and putting the Nolan Ryan Face right in the Faces Hall Of Fame."

"I can't believe Darren Oliver didn't shut down... an 8th-inning Yankee rally in the playoffs."

"As a lifelong, die-hard Red Sox fan, I'm still ecstatic to see George Bush eat shit."

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! YOU MORON! HE HAD THROWN ONE STRIKE AND SIX BALLS AND YOU TRIED TO STEAL"

"You know how many pickoffs Kerry Wood has had the last five years? One. Well ... two now."

"When does Elvis Andrus have to give Al Sharpton his hair back? Right after the series ends?"

"If a Martian asked you why the Rangers, in their 6-5 loss to NY, used 5 pitchers but not their best reliever, what would you say?" I'd say, "Fuck LeBron."

"Wonder if George W Bush dropped a "Heck of a job, Ronnie" on Washington after the game?"

...and any gem that Sports Pickle posted dealing with Ron Washington.