Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Owen Hart

The Official NHL Thread

1,851 posts in this topic

I've watched more hockey the past month than the rest of my life combined probably.  I'll watch any series that's on (especially the West).

So happy the Ducks lost.  Choke artists.

I've been to two playoff games so far and I'm going tomorrow night.  It's so intense, I might die of a panic attack at one.

not sure who I will be rooting for.
Maybe the Caps: I hate the Penguins completely/totally. My brother's friend's cousin is John Carlson and they've hung out well before he was in the NHL. In 2010, my friend's brother lived with Carlson, unemployed and all, and just partied all the time. And there were stories to tell involving the Caps. I was so jealous because I was unemployed for 19 months after college...and it's just a blank slate of absolute nothing cool going on in that time.

He laid a massive hit on Sidney Crosby last night...and then on Malkin minutes later. Had a couple good chances very late in the game with 2-3 minutes left where they were trying to tie the game.

Also, any game with Mike Emrick is just better to watch. So much more exciting.

Sorry your team choked in game 7, Fellside.

You guys have a killer team though.

Should've got Hamhuis instead of Roussel

Edited by haverchuck

Haha seriously. 

It was so bad there are retarded canucks fans thinking we could trade them Ryan Miller.

I wish the Preds would've beat the Sharks but oh well.

Let's go Blues?

All the teams I "wanted" to win are out (was pulling for a Stars - Isles final, lolz) so now I'm rooting for... Sharks vs. Lightning?  Is it possible for nobody to win?

I don't even care that the Sharks are another team in the West.  If they somehow manage to eliminate the Kings, the Predators, AND the Blues then I'll have no choice but to make them my second team. 

Weber is older, and signed to a contract with a steep cap hit until he is 40. Subban is a little pricier but his contract ends when he's just ending his prime. At best it's a lateral move for Montreal.

Weber's advanced statistics are also, at best, even with Subban, but the majority of them are inferior to Subban's.  People just hear about Weber's size and shot and assume he's the far better player.  Montreal's GM and, especially, their coach, didn't like Subban's more upbeat, "flamboyant" style.  There's also potentially a racial aspect to it because of Montreal's management's old school nature, but that'll never be known for sure.  I love Subban, personally, and hope he excels in Nashville.

Pretty dumb trade for Montreal imo.  To me Subban is better than Weber now (different styles though) and on a better contract.  PK apparently was part of a "rift" with Patch in Montreal and the coach obviously didn't like him and would throw him under the bus for shit that wasn't even his fault.  Now they have Weber forever and signed Radulov which is hilarious, not because the Radulov deal isn't good, but Weber publicly shat on Radulov when they were both in Nashville.  PK has to go because of "character" (dude who loves to play, loved the city, opened up hospital wings...give me a break) but let's get Radulov!

Detroit....

Steve Ott, plz kill me.  Didn't need to re-sign Helm especially for 5 years.  Love the Frans signing but just wish it was 3ish years.  They needed him though so had to go six.  Vanek was a good gamble I think, if he he bombs whatever.  Overall I'm fine with it, but they obviously need to package a Nyquist or Tatar with prospects and picks for a top 2 (4 if it has to be) defenseman.

My wife and I live relatively close to Nashville and like to go there because it's a cool city and to watch a couple Predators games each year.  I'm so stoked that one of my favorite players will be there.