spaghetti

bier

915 posts in this topic

I love a hefeweizen any day. Wheat beer is amazing.

The Alaskan Brewing Company makes some amazing beer called Alaskan Winter Ale.

alaska-winter-ale.jpg

They use spruce tips and it's delicious, like I'm drinking a Christmas tree.

Also a big fan of apricot beer, it's not sweet it just has a hint of apricot and I find that delicious.

Also,

Oxford_Raspberry_beer(1).jpg

Raspberry wheat beer. Tastes like it's infused with roses.

I'm a girl so it's probably why I like all these fruit-essence beers.

I love a good stout too. Any recommendations will be sampled.

Not too big of a fan of Guinness though, I guess because it's so mainstream it kind of loses its taste in the label, but I will drink it because it's good beer.

I have a couple of Sierra Nevada Torpedoes and Sam Adams Seasonal Summer Ales in the fridge. Two very different beers; both quite good (and this coming from someone who generally is not fond of what Sam Adams makes).

Munchen....I miss

14337_214094664663_663409663_4170136_2607687_n.jpg

14337_214094649663_663409663_4170134_2717169_n.jpg

And one of my all time favs:

14337_214094604663_663409663_4170127_8230766_n.jpg

Oh and everyone hyped up unibroue to me...underwhelmed. It's like a poor man's European beer. The blanche de chambly is like a weakass Hoegaarden.

However I had some damn tasty Montreal homebrew with Phil (Were we Brave?) Super rad dude.

^ ooh some good picks right there. i too miss my times in munich, and the fantastic beers that go along with them.

i found some of this at a german store recently. never seen it before in the US, but its my favorite munich beer ever.

augustiner_hell.jpg

Oh and everyone hyped up unibroue to me...underwhelmed. It's like a poor man's European beer. The blanche de chambly is like a weakass Hoegaarden.

try maudite. unibroue is pretty solid.

aprihop is/was the best apricot beer. think it's done now though

it's just a seasonal. it'll be back if it's not still around.

most recent glorious beerscovery:

grand%20teton%20lost%20continent%20double%20ipa.jpg

SOO... I dont know how many people with admit it like myself... But I love Bud and Bud Light.

Now dont get all beer snob on me and definitely don't try to tell me PBR is better.

I love all sorts of good beers and even shitty beers... But when I work 12 hour days landscaping I want something easy to drink.

But among communities like this Bud get no appreciation.

so lets get are AMERICA on and give this props.

1771210.jpg

I honestly prob drink around 60 of these a week

My cheap beer of choice is rolling rock.

I don't drink them all that often, though.

My lord I have a taste for Three Floyds Gumballhead.

I need to go home and get me some.

I'm sorry, but PBR is better. I like budlight, but I really prefer PBR. Not because its the "hipster beer", but because I like the taste. It doesn't hurt its super super cheap. There is nothing like a fresh pizza and an ice cold pbr. Its all I really need.

haha. well you do live in the mid-west so i believe ya.

Even though I have had my fair share of PBR in my day and I still don't see how someone thinks it tastes better. But hey, to each their own.

but we can both agree that pizza and beer rule

I really hate PBR, not as much as I hate Bud and Bud Light (And Miller and Coors). For cheap, it's gotta be Yuengling. Or Rainier/Olympia if I was back home. Or Natty Boh for the novelty.

I'm drinking some Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre. Probably my favorite common beer from the brewery, but still a B+.

not all of us get Yuengling. MA doesn't sell it

I know. Not all of us get Natty Boh/Rainier/Olympia or a litany of other beers. These were my choices.

I'm surprised Mass. doesn't get it though. I thought it was pretty widely available in the Northeast.

Dogfish Punkin

dogfish%20head%20punkin%20ale.jpg

It was good, but I still liked one better this year, it was the Screamin' Pumpkin from Michigan Brewing Company, if you can get your hands on some, definitely try it. It tastes like pumpkin pie in a bottle.

hallowbeers027-1.jpg

Hoegaarden, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Pacifico are usually my go to beers when I have cash to spend. Otherwise, I stick to cheap Lone Star because it costs less than Bud or Miller, and tastes better than Natty and Keystone.

That's my beer story. I haven't had a beer or a real drink in almost 3 months. That will change soon.

I hate Hoegaarden... way too wheaty (or something) for me. I stopped drinking Newcastle when I started trying other (read: good) dark beers.

Pacifico is ok.

I also cant stand Hoegaarden.

For having such a sweet bottle it's not very tasty. But it is definitely unique, and if I may be in the mood for something I want to remember drinking, I could possibly go for a Hoegaarden.