spaghetti

bier

915 posts in this topic

I do like duchess better, but Monks is half the price. Did anyone get any of the Dogfish 61Min IPA? I brought home a 4pk of that, two sixers of Shorts' Anniversary Spiced Blood Orange Wheat-Wine, 2 750ml's of He'Brew's Funky Jewbelation 2nd Edition, 1 750ml  Blue Mt. Barrell House Local Species (BrBN Brl Aged Belgian IPA more or less), 12 Btls Kuhnhenn Simcoe Sillier, 2 750ml's of Anderson Valley Wild Turkey BrBn Stout and last but not least, bought a bottle of Oak Aged Espresso Yeti from a customer for $12. Grabbed a DFH Château Jiahu as well. Had my Life and Limb 3 yesterday, wasn't a fan compared to 1 and 2. Will take pics later.

Also, here are shots from a bottle share I did with a few friends recently to celebrate my becoming a dad in November / send me off into the abyss of never having time to randomly plan weekends around bottle shares again: http://imgur.com/a/CXPZ6

Highlights:

King Henry, '12 Cable Car and Bruery's Wanderer = winners

Batch 2 Temptation was somehow more impressive than B2 Beatification, but both were big ol titties

FFF Murda'd Out Stout was pretty mindblowing

Batch 1 Consecration was awesome to try, but had fallen off a cliff

I got Sixty One right after it dropped. Glad it's a new flagship. Very tasty. Funky Jew is great; first edition was probably a little better. That Anderson Valley BBS impressed me. Are the Oaked Yetis hard to get for you? I can get Espresso for $9 pretty much year round. Chocolate is way more awesome though, imo. Cayenne ftw.

Eric...I pretty much just want all of your Cantillion and that Bruery/Cigar City collab down at the bottom there (buddy has that label stuck on his phone). Bourbon County variants make me drool, it's probably my favorite beer, but I feel lucky enough to have tried just the original.

Can we still do a trade at some point? I hit you back a while ago. D:

I feel like I'll never get to try Hunahpu's.

Great Divide no longer ships to michigan unfortunately, so yeah, the Yeti variants are pretty hard to get here. I've had the choco which I loved, the only one I haven't gotten that I really want is the straight up BrBn aged Yeti.

In other news, my boss let me buy a case of '13 KBS yesterday. Our sales rep somehow managed to find us 5 more cases (no idea where they came from, didn't ask) and I talked the boss into letting me get one. Into the cellar it goes! KBS is only good after a few years put under anyways. Lookin forward to more 61Min IPA I thought it was a pretty good beer. We also should be getting a few cases of Epic's '13 Big Bad Baptist this week, gonna try and finagle at least 6 bottles as it is probably my favorite BrBn aged stout. That and I managed to get two more DFH 120min IPA's. My cellar looks like a beer store right now.

Anyone know if Big Sky is making more Ivan The Terrible? That has got to be one of my fav's as well, but the last batch I saw was limited to like 2000 bottles, and I got one.

Well, like I said, I can get Yetis constantly. so if you ever wanna trade...there are a ton of big-deal staples I've never tried. 120 is one of em. And I am a huge, freakout, oh-my-god-i-can't-believe-i-get-to-try-this type of beer nerd. So if you ever wanna make my year...shoot me a meesage ;-)

The Bourbon Yeti is TOUGH. I don't think they've released it recently; I wanna say it was a one-off but i'm not sure. Some buddies had it at a tasting recently.

Really strange that monk's is half the price for you. It's a little less here but definitely not half.

Bruery White Oak is phenomenal this year. I can't wait to see how the White Chocolate turns out if the sap is this good (IF I get the chance).

Also found out the Tart of Darkness I just had was aged in Black Tuesday barrels, which totally makes sense. What a tremendous beer.

Edited by deleteforever

yay today. Two of these for me:
Bluehairsmall.jpg

Limited bottle run of 2000 something I believe. It's their special release 2012 Vintage Bourbon Barrel Aged Barley Wine.

Also, two of these:

fa9ce4ab-36ff-40e9-b30f-b5cc092cd54c_zps

"Arbor Brewing Company is proud to offer this exclusive, limited-edition, hand-packaged and bottle-conditioned ale in the Belgian Aged Pale tradition. Our interpretation of this rare Belgian style was created by aging our Larry Hoppe Double IPA for six months in gueuze-innoculated oak casks and then bottle conditioning for a minimum of two months. The result is a unique ale with a bright golden hue, moderate carbonation, and a burst of complex fruity, spicy, sweet-tart, and earthy flavors, with a quenching acidity in the finish."

Picked up what is basically Westbrook's take on the style made famous by Hunahpu's today. It's their 1st anniversary brew. Cocoa nibs, vanilla, cinammon...and HABANERO peppers. Yeah buddy. It's called Mexican Cake. Looking forward to it.

Do any beer nerds still post here? I wanna trade/buy some stuff. Looking for Bourbon County variants, in particular. I know Jason had easy access for a while...I know someone looking for Backyard and Cherry Rye, to have the entire set. I'm always looking for pretty much anything cool. If anyone wants to send me a list, please do.

Edited by deleteforever

Do any beer nerds still post here? I wanna trade/buy some stuff. Looking for Bourbon County variants, in particular. I know Jason had easy access for a while...I know someone looking for Backyard and Cherry Rye, to have the entire set. I'm always looking for pretty much anything cool. If anyone wants to send me a list, please do.

My friend/roommate is buddy buddy with the beer dude at our local BevMo.  They've been getting Bourbon County stuff fairly regularly (and I know my friend is aging some stuff), do you want to give me a list of stuff and I can ask him to keep an eye out for it?

Any of the Bourbon County variants in particular are what I'm looking for. My friend especially needs Backyard Rye (also Cherry and Bramble, but those are OoP) to complete his entire collection of variants. That should be ballin'. He makes INCREDIBLE homebrew (seriously, better than anything you can buy in a store/online IMO) and has a solid cellar. And loves to trade. Just let me know! Much appreciated.

In other news...a very generous pal brought me some Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus (750ml) and a Prairie BOMB! last night. Stoked about those.

We had a pretty sweet tasting, consisting of a homebrewed coconut porter (second to none, most developed coconut flavor I've had in any beer, coconut flakes at bottling), a homebrewed imperial vanilla oatmeal milk stout, Almanac Heirloom Pumpkin Baleywine (HOLY), North Coast Class of '88, Lost Abbey Deliverance, Hardywood BARREL AGED GBS (....DAMN), Terrapin/BFM Barley Ryne 2011, and a New Holland Night Tripper 2013. Much fun.