Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fellside

Sherlock (PBS)

47 posts in this topic

Really cool modern adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. Don't know when/what it aired on originally in the UK but it's on Sunday nights on PBS in the States.

Has Martin Freeman (Hitchhikers Guide, The Office) and Benedict Cumberbatch (Atonement). I enjoyed the first episode a lot.

I'm glad because I need something to watch Sunday nights now that Rubicon and Mad Men are off.

There's going to be a second, 3 episode season next fall. Apparently the first season was so popular that BBC wants to make a whole lot of them. Just a matter of when now.

Good news IMO. Infinitely better than any detective show on in the US.

So the second series won't come back until May. Which sucks. But how great is Spring TV going to be?

Mad Men (finally), Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Archer, Louie (I think spring). With Community and Parks still going. I wish it was Winter instead so surviving the NBA lockout wouldn't be so dreadful.

Awesome. Just watched these on Netflix. Kind of a weird way for the "series" to end, so I'm glad they're making more. I liked them! Kind of a CSI/Mentalist/House combo, but only if those shows were good.

Awesome. Just watched these on Netflix. Kind of a weird way for the "series" to end, so I'm glad they're making more. I liked them! Kind of a CSI/Mentalist/House combo, but only if those shows were good.

I'd rather say it's kind of like Sherlock Holmes. And CSI/Mentalist/House are kind of like shit.

The latest movie? Ok. Sure. Only Watson and Holmes aren't really friends at the start and Holmes is...gay? I wasn't quite clear on that.

No I meant the books.

And I'm not sure if they wanted us to be quite sure on the gay thing. I think he's basically non-sexual because he doesn't have the time.

I'll wait till they release it on PBS.

I was so bummed when I heard that it was premiering on New Year's Day, trying setting up a time to record it, and then realizing it meant it was only premiering in England.

The Second series is so great. The Hounds of Baskerville is probably my favourite of both series after the Reichenbach Problem (The final problem)

Can't wait for series 3

Edited by ryan

Damnit, when you guys bumped this thread, I thought it was going to be about series 3!

I love this show though, series two was excellent.

Also for you Game of Thrones fans, how perfect would Andrew Scott (Moriarty) be as Ramsay Snow?

But yeah, this show is awesome. Why haven't you guys seen the second series yet? It's been out for months now.

On Netflix? I'm so confused.

EDIT: ok, nevermind, at the risk of seeing spoilers, I looked this up on wikipedia. It picks up where I left off from that first set that was on Netflix.