Random Encounter

The Official Movie You Just Watched Thread

2,887 posts in this topic

Exit Through the Gift Shop.

A+. It was awesome, and I highly suggest anyone to watch it.

I just watched this too on the plane, and I was a bit underwhelmed because I thought it was going to be about Banksy (as advertised), but most of the film was about this other guy Mr.Brainwash.

Watched Event Horizon last night and was entertained but dissapointed. I had no idea what the movie was about and when it turned from science fiction to horror I liked it less. Although the concept of scientifically traveling to a different dimension and bringing back pure evil is interesting.

B-

Repo Men was the only half-decent-looking thing left in the Red Box over the weekend. I went in expecting nothing except the small man-crush I have on Jude Law. It was actually pretty decent. I was pretty impressed with the action sequences that Law was in too. I won't ruin it; but I rewound one of the final scenes like 10 times because it was badass.

Grade: B

THE BOX

Thebox2009posterteaser.jpg

Man, fuck Richard Kelly. I dismiss his shitty new movies each time they come out, but then they're on TV and seem somewhat interesting and just turn out to be extremely pretentious and convoluted like usual. Once again, this had a really intriguing premise that expanded on the whole simple Box concept that was done on the Twilight Zone, filed with aliens and God and all that shit, but then it all just ends super broad and melodramatic. And holy shit Cameron Diaz has a retarded accent in this movie. Actually, all the characters are really one dimensional and lame... they just go ahead with all this crazy mumbo jumbo and never ask any real questions until way later. In conclusion, Richard Kelly has got to be the most coherent regular LSD user in existence, because this dude loves to make the most disorienting, crazy movies that make no sense full of dumb freaky special effects, each and every time. How dare I think Gillian Jacobs (who is randomly in this) and a score done by the Arcade Fire could save this.

C

^A distant cousin of mine that is trying to make it as a comic/actor and I think works for the Onion right now had a line or something in that movie.

But I don't really care to check it out.

/COOL BRAG CASSIDY

someday your cool brags will be as cool as mine, what with me knowing a guy who dates Aimee Teegarden, or me knowing a girl who grew up with Aaron Paul... or me talking to Diora Baird and Olivia Wilde on twitter and getting my shit re-tweeted for the world to see.

i say all of this in jest of course

The Experiment - 8/10

This movie was FUCKED up. It's a remake of a 2001 German film with Adrian Brody, Forest Whitaker, Cam Gigandet, and Fisher Stevens. I wasn't sure what it was about at first, but it wasn't what I expected. It's basically a prison experiment a bunch of people sign up to take part in, to simulate what prison life would do to the normal population. Based on a real experiment that took place in the 70s I guess. It was a good movie though, definitely fucked up. Adrian Brody and Forest Whitaker carry the movie, for sure.

gone%20baby%20gone.jpg

i dont know how i hadn''t seen this yet. i watched it "in preparation" for The Town. affleck did an incredible job directing this. it almost felt like an eastwood film to me...seriously still thinking about the ending and what i would have done...

oh and i think this is my favorite performance from ed harris. the scene outside the hospital was perfect.

the_town_movie_poster_01-405x600.jpg

i really liked this movie. dark, real, has that awesome view of boston you get in gone baby gone and mystic river....

emotionally it didn't really do it for me in the end, but i find it hard to bash this one, so it give it a VERY strong B++++

i dont want to say much else here....i'll discuss more in the town thread once more people have seen it

Gone Baby Gone

Finally got around to seeing this movie. Was very good and I loved the moral dilemma it presented to the viewer but it was hard to understand Casey Affleck at times - he mumbles a hell of a lot.

8/10

^ha ha....there was a long waiting line for the Town in Boston (obviously) and my brother and I jokingly weighted the options of switching the sign on the line with the 6:30 line for Devil figuring nobody would wait in a line for anything M Nyght Shyamalan related.