Random Encounter

The Official Movie You Just Watched Thread

2,887 posts in this topic

apparently the original version is way better than Nolan's. i saw Nolan's around the time it came out so i barely remember it, i do remember that it is Nolan's worst but still good.

l_109821_0081398_d6a833f1.jpg

took me forever to see this one.

incredibly well made. i never felt "removed" from the movie...the sequence in the middle with his fights/color family montage was beautiful. such a good film.

You might want to fix your picture there ("no hotlnking please"). But yeah, good movie. Though I probably won't ever watch it again just because it was so depressing.

Went to the movies 5 times in the last couple of days....

the-town_300.jpg

Really enjoyed The Town. Robbery/Actions scenes were really great and really well shot. Not as good as Gone Baby Gone though, as I felt the movie really lacked the same emotional pull.

devil_movie_poster_02_%7B0747A6F2-B54A-4656-B084-9DC900CC1EFA%7D.jpg

THoroughly entertained by Devil surprisingly. Pretty fun throwback thriller, with what I thought was a perfect score for the film. Just the right amount of cheese and thrills. Ending was shitty though.

251867-dinner_for_schmucks_ver2_large.jpg

This really had some funny moments, but I can't say I really enjoyed it that much. I'm not really into movies where shit goes horribly wrong only because no one will let the main character finish a fucking sentence to explain what the fuck is going on. Paul Rudd and the supporting cast were great, but I really wish Steve Carrell could play something beyond Michael Scott one day.

ImStillHerePoster.png

Jaoquin Phoenix is fucking great. Even though they just announced it as a hoax, you really need to be a fucking idiot to think that this was ever anything but a hoax. He talks about his financial problems just before he boards a private jet. There are so many tells in the film that it is clearly fake. Much of the dialogue relates to previous scenes. It was obviously written and staged. That being said it's pretty great. They really do a fantastic job of using this roundabout way to show how shitty it would be to step away from acting, and how much shit actors and celebrities have to take from the media. Of course we all would dream to be them because they're rich as fuck, but it does show how much in the spotlight people really are.

Catfish.jpg

What the fuck. Go see this before anyone spoils it.

heavenly_creatures-poster.jpg

Definitely a Peter Jackson film, but seems more akin to Dead Alive than LOTR or Shitty Bones. Lots of extreme close ups and interesting effects. But still a very good film. Kind of disturbing once you read about how accurate it is to the real story.

Drugstore Cowboy~~~~~B-

(1989)

DIRECTED BY: Gus Van Sant

STARS: Matt Dillon, the dad from DEXTER, Heather Graham (been over 20 years + looks like she hasn't aged)

This was Roger Ebert's 2nd best movie of 1989.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19891027/REVIEWS/910270304/1023

It was good, but 2nd best movie of any given year? Kind of find that hard to believe.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall~~~~B+/A-

Saw this twice on FX...definitely better than I remember it being the 2 times I saw it in theatres.

This would be an example of a good break-up movie.

The Break-Up with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston would be the example of a horrible and unfunny break-up movie.

To Catch a Thief~~~~~B-

(1955)

DIRECTED BY: Alfred Hitchock

(Cary Grant; Grace Kelly)

Wasn't as good as I was hoping for. I've loved pretty much all the other Hitchcock movies I've seen except this, Rope and Notorious.

Still need to check out a couple more and re-watch the Birds.

that reminds me...

get_him_to_the_greek_poster.jpg

nowhere near as funny as Forgetting Sarah Marshall but still good for a few laughs. P. Diddy was actually really funny in this but i wish people like Nick Kroll and Aziz Ansari were in it more than they were. Jonah Hill is a friggin blimp and it was almost distracting for me every time he was on screen and he really isnt that great as a comedic leading man. Also downloaded the Infant Sorrow album after watching, some of the stuff if pretty funny and catchy.

C+/B-

^yeah, I give that movie a C at best.

So disappointing.

The rug scene or whatever was the best.

The 3rd act sucks.

It would have been so much more fun if they had just

gone for a movie that was just him on drugs the whole time rather than the whole recovery bullshit.

Also, Russell Brand trying to sleep with Jonah Hill's girlfriend Elisabeth Moss was just weird and awkward and unfunny and forced the way Seth Rogen sleeping with a drunk Ana Farris in that shitty Observe and Report was.

Because of this thread I am about to re-watch the Departed. Fucking eh.

I give this movie a 9/10 because I wish they hit the accent harder. Love this accent in film.