Random Encounter

The Official Movie You Just Watched Thread

2,887 posts in this topic

^ worth a viewing. i don't find it has a lot of replay value unless you feel you missed something.

sympathyforvengeance.jpg

this is my least favorite of Chan-Wook Park's Vengeance Trilogy, but that isn't saying anything bad about it at all.

^there's some documentary that sort of deals with this movie called Operation Filmmaker or something that involves Liev Schreiber, the director, helping out some Iraqi dude that wants to be a filmmaker on the set of this film.

The Iraqi dude turns out to be a huge, manipulative douche...I think you can play it on Netflix instantly.

re-watched a couple of old favorites.

Breakfast Club

Die Hard 2

Mission: Impossible

^fuck yes to all.

I've probably watched all well over 5 times, particularly Die Hard 2. I like Die Hard and Die Hard 3 the most. The 3rd movie I saw first. It kicked my ass. I love the bad accents that you can tell that they probably just said 'fuck it' halfway through and shit.

Also, I love laughing my ass off and clapping when my action hero kills people. Bruce Willis in Die Hard gives you that.

Next time I'm drunk I think I'm going to start randomly shouting "HOL-LY!" like Bruce Willis' John McClain does at the end of Die Hard 2.

The-Shawshank-Redemption-poster.jpg

i don't know how it took me so long to see this movie, but i'm glad i finally watched it.

i didn't see what the big deal was until about halfway through, then from there on it was just tears and goosebumps.

mulholland-drive.jpg

First Time watch last night for this 2001 flick. I liked it, but I need to watch it again. I think I missed something though... Very Interesting. Gotta love the mind of David Lynch!

Went and saw the new Wall Street movie over the weekend.

It was stupid. It felt like Oliver Stone was putting on a puppet show for people who have never heard any reasons why the recession happened. Terribly predictable plot and I really didn't care about any of the characters, not that any of them had much of a personality beyond archetype A, B, and C.

It wasn't terrible- the acting was pretty good, aside from Shia who I did NOT buy as a badass stock trader, but I'd give it a C- overall. Do not recommend.

Went and saw the new Wall Street movie over the weekend.

It was stupid. It felt like Oliver Stone was putting on a puppet show for people who have never heard any reasons why the recession happened. Terribly predictable plot and I really didn't care about any of the characters, not that any of them had much of a personality beyond archetype A, B, and C.

It wasn't terrible- the acting was pretty good, aside from Shia who I did NOT buy as a badass stock trader, but I'd give it a C- overall. Do not recommend.

That sounds like every Oliver Stone movie. Most overrated writer/director of all time.

Secret Window

Meh. I called the plot 'twist' from the very beginning.

The only redeeming part was the score by Philip Glass.

Wrong Turn

2nd viewing (1st was years ago). Horrible movie, but that's why I watched it.

I had no idea that Sloan from Entourage was in this, or Quinn from Dexter.

Drinking game = drink everytime someone takes a 'Wrong Turn'

The Onion Movie

This was basically just a series of unrelated sketches, but for the most part it was pretty damn funny.

I was pleasantly surprised. I strongly recommend it.

re-watched a couple of old favorites.

Breakfast Club

Die Hard 2

Mission: Impossible

^fuck yes to all.

I've probably watched all well over 5 times, particularly Die Hard 2. I like Die Hard and Die Hard 3 the most. The 3rd movie I saw first. It kicked my ass. I love the bad accents that you can tell that they probably just said 'fuck it' halfway through and shit.

Also, I love laughing my ass off and clapping when my action hero kills people. Bruce Willis in Die Hard gives you that.

Next time I'm drunk I think I'm going to start randomly shouting "HOL-LY!" like Bruce Willis' John McClain does at the end of Die Hard 2.

I really do have to re-comment on this.

Breakfast Club is one of those movies that I NEVER really want to see, but when I do, I'm glad I did.

It's always better than I remembered.

My roommate put it on as he was home sick for the day and I was eagerly awaiting each thing that happened next.

This is the scene I was looking forward to the most...

Fucking Emilio dancing...then closing the door behind him, screaming, and somehow being able to break the glass while doing so. Fantastic.

I got up at noon yesterday, we watched 3 movies in a row without saying anything to each other because he was so sick. Then he finally said excitedly "Did we just watch the Breakfast Club together?!?!"

Why yes, yes we did!

His response when he came home today as he came through the door...

ME: Hey Hughie, guess what I did today?

ROOMMATE: You got a job?

ME (laughing, since I've been trying to get one since I graduated in May): Fuck no!

ROOMMATE: You jerked off on the couch?

ME: You know that I call this the jerk-off couch, so yeah. But other than that.

ROOMMATE: I give up.

ME: I watched the Karate Kid!!!

ROOMMATE: Ho-ly shit.

ME: Fuck yes!

ROOMMATE: Wait...it wasn't black Karate Kid with Will Smith's son, right?

ME: Of course not!

ROOMMATE: Awesome. Otherwise, I would have told you to get a job...either way, you still need a fucking job.

*walks away shaking his head to the bathroom and out of sight from the couch*

ROOMMATE: He watched fucking Karate Kid

Ha ha...I said halfway through the movie to myself as I was more excited than I should be "I can't believe I'm watching this. Holy shit, do I need a job"

currently watching "Watchmen" on HBO..i actually enjoyed it more than i thought i did. Not the best adaptation but still about as close as we will ever get, with the exception of the miniseries idea. Jackie Earl Haley is a bad ass and the guy who plays The Comedian is pretty underrated in this one.

Saw a screening of this last night:

13758433_gal.jpg

It was pretty shitty honestly. The acting from the three leads is really solid all around, but the story is just fucking stupid. And the tone was so fucked up, people were laughing about 70% of the time during serious moments. There was a Q&A afterwards with Ed Norton, and even he was like, "Yea it took them a long time to convince me to do this. I still dont really know what its all about." All he really did was nicely talk about how he knows its a shitty movie.

Jovovich gets boned a ton though, so that was nice.

ace-ventura-pet-detective-cover-3.jpg

B+

I've always really liked this movie since I was a little kid. Of course, the flaws are much more noticeable now that I'm older (Mostly the terrible soundtrack and bad acting), but Ace Ventura will always be one of my favorite movie characters of all time. His sarcasm and how all around weird he is is fantastic.

Watched a few movies the past couple of days.

First up was Trash Humpers

trash_humpers_dvdartworkfront7055_7.jpg

I was already a big fan of Korine, and this did not disappoint.

If you aren't into experimental art flicks don't waste your time. It's a safe bet you wont enjoy it.

If you are, be sure and check it out.

Next I watched Soul Kitchen

SoulKitchen.jpg

Really funny German film. Now I need to go back and watch Fatih Akin's older movies.

Lastly was Freakonomics

freakonomics.jpg

This one was a lot of fun, but I think it will probably be better in book form.

Going to be checking that out soon.

kids-movie-poster1.jpg

Wooooooooow! I had never seen this and had no idea what to expect. Holy shit. The last scene is almost too much to handle since it's like one camera angle for 2 straight minutes.

8/10